Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YUBA Tactics & Target Depth
I was thinking about hittin up Yuba soon. Can you pike killers give me some insight on how deep to target the pike. Also what is an effective bait for enticing the bite? Any help would be much appreciated.
[signature]
I asked about the same thing 3 days ago without a reply but I will give you what ever help I can. I went yesterday but I did not have much time and went late in the day. I have a bad leg so I did not go far from the dock I used minnows and wax worms and did not get a bite, I was fishing about 12 feet deep. When I first got there tents were setup around the middle of the lake and when I left they had moved to almost near the shore line. The ice was about a foot thick and there were snowmobiles running on it. The dirt roads going around the lake had snow but it was only about 3 inches deep and all 3 camp ground entrances were plowed. So there is really good access to the lake. Im sorry I can not give you more help but I do not have a flasher so I can not tell you if there was a fish in the area I was in. The water visibility is very poor compared to strawberry but it was pretty warm in the tent if I had not taken the wife I would not have needed the heater. I went out from the back dock where the old roughing it camping used to be and headed out towards the twin island although with the water level it was 1 island. Was fishing there about a quarter of the ways to the island. Went around to the dam but there was some water showing on top of the ice that scared me off but I will try in that area sunday. If you do go let me know what you tried and where even bad news helps. Hope this helps you a little
[signature]
Thanks for the report! I appreciate you willingness to share your experience. I am heading down there soon, I will let you know how I do and what seemed to entice the bite. I haven't figured out the tight lipped mentality on this forum. If I post I will always let people know what I used and the depth I fished.
[signature]