Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
berry / soldier creek ice reports?
Any recent ice reports from soldier or the berry? Thick enough to put wheelers on it?
[signature]
We had our ATV's on the ice from the Strawberry marina to the west to the tunnel portal on Monday. Ice was 10-inches thick.

Need to be careful at SC - there was open water straight out from the boat ramp a week ago.
[signature]
Went out from the marina on Strawberry this morning. Ice was 6-8". Saw wheelers and snowmachines on the ice - some even headed across towards the narrows. Unfortunately, there is about 4-5 inches of snow on the ice. The wheelers went okay today, but much more and they will have more problems.
I went north to the point between the marina and mud creek. Started in 30', no bites. moved to 36', one bite, no fish. Moved to 19', 17 slot cutts iced and released, 3 decent bows invited home, one break off at the hole.
All in all, a nice day - partly cloudy - no wind to speak of and decently warm temps. A large group in the small bay to the south of me was whooping it up, but the average I talked to on the way back reported 5 or less iced. I think the trick was to walk farther away from the tent city and stay in shallower water.
[signature]
We fished haws today and did pretty good. The slish monster that is there is fun and only going to get ugglier w warmer weather
[signature]