Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba soft water?
I have been wondering about Yuba for about a year now
But haven't made the drive yet.
I would like to know if Yuba is a heavy use watersports type lake or not?
After looking at pics of the campgrounds and location of the lake I figure it most likely is a pain in the arse during the warm season?
I only have a 12' Portabote and get enough swampings in the local lakes around Price unless I fish small high mountain lakes.
I loved fishing for Pike in my home State of Montana so Yuba is very interesting.
But if its the same old stuff with the( enthusiasts)
It make the drive seem pointless other than the hard water season,
1sthound
[signature]
I'm sure others will have better takes than mine, but I fished it a few times out of my personal pontoon boat this last year and had zero issues with the power squadron. That water is murky and gross, so I don't think it's used as a skiing lake nearly as much as it is a fishing lake. Sure, you will see the dudes in their turbo-charged bass boats cranking their crappy music for the whole lake to enjoy, but they were few and far between as far as I could tell.
[signature]
I hit Yuba three times last year and yes there are a few enthusiasts but when I was there hardly noticable. Most boats were fishermen. The second time I went I noticed that the skiers didn't come out until the afternoon. I was using my toon. I also visited during the middle of the week too.
[signature]
It can get pretty busy with power boaters when the water warms up, but that's not when the fishing is the best. I'd say your biggest worry would be the wind. It can really crank through that place. If you're in a boat that small, I'd stick pretty close to your put in spot and don't take any chances.
[signature]
Thanks guys!
Yuba just got a whole lot more interesting!
[signature]
[quote JustJim]It can get pretty busy with power boaters when the water warms up, but that's not when the fishing is the best. I'd say your biggest worry would be the wind. It can really crank through that place. If you're in a boat that small, I'd stick pretty close to your put in spot and don't take any chances.[/quote]

This! wind will be more your problem than boaters will be. Be careful and smart about your boats limitations.
[signature]
Yep the wind is by far the more dangerous element at Yuba. That being said I have almost been capsized twice by ski boats.[mad]
[signature]
Ok got the picture, Middle of week for less boat traffic.
Try for a cooler time when fishing is better anyway,

Check the weather reports for wind before heading out.

Don't be a dork in a small boatlett ,
Have fun and catch a Pike.

Sounds doable with a bit of common sense
thanks to all
Love this site
1sthound
[signature]
[quote 1sthound]Ok got the picture, Middle of week for less boat traffic.
Try for a cooler time when fishing is better anyway,

Check the weather reports for wind before heading out.

Don't be a dork in a small boatlett ,
Have fun and catch a Pike.

Sounds doable with a bit of common sense
thanks to all
Love this site
1sthound[/quote]

I think you got it...[Wink]
[signature]