Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need ATV icefishing accessory advice
My husband bought an ATV with ice fishing in mind - what kind of stuff should I be getting to put under the tree for him? For instance, does a gunrack work for an auger? What have been the most useful things, and what have been a waste of money and space? It's a 4WD 600cc, and he does have a sled... also a Frabill fishing shack (from last Christmas!).

I know I can get useable advice here. Thanks in advance for your help.
A shovel. Lots of times when the snow gets deep, atvs tend to get stuck.

Other than that, he ought to be able to put his auger and gear in the sled and pull it all behind so racks and other stuff is no big deal. But one thing of use would be a cover for thwe sled. The tires will kick up snow and fill the sled. A cover keeps the snow out of the sled, and keeps you from having to dig for your gear.
[signature]
Also atv tire chians help to give traction in the snow and on real slick ice.
[signature]
He will need a jet sled hitch to tow his sled on the ice. Rope works but I have found that the sled wants to run you over when you stop or slow down. The hitch provides positive stopping power to keep the sled at a safe distance. Just an idea.
[signature]
I was at Sam's Club last night and notice they are selling a 3 piece accessory set for ATV. I looked like a couple of storage containers for both the front and rear and one other - Price was around $40.

It's worth looking at but I didn't buy it because it wouldn't fit my wifes back[shocked] so I didn't purchase one.

Actually I not the pround owner of a Female ATV -
[signature]
That kit that Lundman is talking about is really quite nice the third peice in it is a side bag that hangs over the gas tank. my dad has this kit and he has never regretted buying it. also another thing that would be nice for a atv in the winter is the big gloves that attach to your handle bars and keep your grips and throttle nice and warm and not cold and icy.
[signature]
Cabelas has an attatchment made for holding ice augers on wheelers.

Look in the atv accessories.

walleyebob
[signature]
How about a 2004 fishing license and a 2 pole permit?? I almost forgot! How about a 2004 state park pass???
[signature]
I'm with Pred. Nothing better for ice fishing than a set of chains. If you go to Strawberry or Fish Lake, you'll need them. A GPS is also a great gift. For about $170.00 you can get a really nice one. I got mine last year and can't live without it. A digital camera is also a nice gift. You can get a good one for around a hundred or so. I don't know much about ATV's but, a gift certificate from an ATV dealer would be a good idea too. This way he can get what he really wants. A new Polaris 800 deep powder would be nice too. While your at it, get two. Can I fish with you if you do?
[signature]