Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Millsite Reservoir early thaw
I fished Millsite Reservoir today from 10:00 until 3:00 in my kick boat. It seems that last weekends wind event that blew the roof off the Ferron fire station also took most of the ice off Millsite. The reservoir is about 70% open water now and with the next few days weather forecast it might just take the rest of the ice off. I used a fast sinking (#7) line with various size 4-6 crystal buggers in copper/black, tan/green/pearl, and midnight fire to catch four cutthroats and two rainbows. The fish ranged in size from 13" - 16" long. The fish were 25' - 35' deep so I ended up running with just about the whole fly line out in order to get down to them. The water temperature was 35 degrees and the visibility in the water was about 10'. The reservoir level is at 72% full and stable. The fishing wasn't great but anytime you can float tube on a beautiful January day I'll take it. I hope I get the photos attache OK. I'm new at this so if there is a problem go easy on me.
[signature]
[quote gofish435]The fishing wasn't great but anytime you can float tube on a beautiful January day I'll take it.[/quote]

Absolutely!

Millsite doesnt get reported about very often so thanks for the update. Sounds like a good time.
Nice to see a soft water report. [cool]. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]