Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sale on Eagle Cuda 128
[unimpressed][size 1]Hi there TubeDude,[/size]

[size 1]Reed's Sporting Goods [on-line] is advertising the Eagle Cuda for only $79.99. Ther is only one problem - they are out of stock for the remainder of the season. I wonder what season they are talking about![/size]
[signature]
i think i'll save my pennies for the cuda 240
[signature]
[cool][size 2]That is a good deal. The Cudas are nifty little units and the price is right. I have the larger 168, but other than a larger display area, it is essentially the same.[/size]

[size 2]Don't know what they mean by "season". Most of the supply houses have their own ordering and stocking policies. Sometimes it has to do with end-of-year inventories (and inventory taxes), I would guess that by the time you are ready to part with the frogskins, for spring fishing, the units will be available and at a decent price. They have become a promotional item among the dealers.[/size]

[size 2]P4L seems enchanted with the new combo sonar and GPS Cuda 240. I am anxious to get some first hand reviews on it. Seems like it could be a real gap-filler for a lot of guys.[/size]

[size 2]If you read the latest editions of major fishing publications (In Fisherman, etc.) all the sonar makers are coming out with new stuff. It is sometimes hard to separate the hype from reality, but if we all stay on top of whatever is published...reviews, etc....we should get a decent feel for good systems for our sport.[/size]

[size 2]My game plan is to try a couple of new units this year...haven't decided which ones yet. I will be looking for the best in low wattage (battery consumption) but with good accuracy in both fish finding and bottom reading. I will probably skip the speed indicators, although I have really gotten hooked on having a temp readout on my screen...with the Cudas.[/size]
[signature]