Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New guy on BFT catches biggest fish a Bear lake today
Fished at Bear lake today in Wiperslayer's boat and a new member to BFT caught the biggest fish, a 24 inch mack, way to go Ptslayer. We arrived at 7am and before we launched the boat Old Coot and Baitcaster pulled up, we talked for a few minutes before we got our boat in the water and headed over to the rock pile. We were marking a lot of fish in 45ft of water but we could only catch one 18 in cutt, so we went over to Gus point and fished there for an hour or so. We caught three more cutts and then the action died so we went back to the rock pile but another hour later and only one more cutt we decided to go back to the point and see how Old Coot and BC were doing. They had a few cutts but it was slow, we anchored near them and started fishing again. With in a few minutes we started catching fish and it was almost non stop for over an hour, we ended up with 12 total, most were cutts but we boated 3 macks with the biggest being 24iner that PTslayer caught. We all lost a few fish on the way up and we keep four of the nicer cutts the biggest being 19 inches. It was a great day on the water and even though we did not get into any huge fish it still was nice to be out there. Old Coot caught a mack about the same size as our big one but I'll let him tell that story. Good to see you guys again, and thanks for a great day on the water Wiperslayer and PT slayer. WH2
[signature]
WH2,good to here you got into a few even if the big ones were sleeping,We will just have to catch the big ones tommorrow!! What was the hot color today?? The Id.Native and my self will be puttin' a hurtin' on those macks tommorrow!!M.H.
[signature]
I started off with the same jig you were using last week and caught one but the rest were caught on the salt and pepper pearl. Good luck tomorrow, I hope the weather is good for you and the winds are low.
I forgot to mention, on the way back we saw Teroy's old boat coming down the mountain, so it looks like you will have some company tomorrow on the water. WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]At least the catching was good for you guys. Too bad the bigger fish didn't show up. How was the weather? did the wind kick up?[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Now tell the truth, Did PTslayer pick his own name or did you christen him with it? Enquiring minds want to know! HA![/size][/font]
[signature]
Before I answer your questions, I have one for you. Where were you today, we expected to see you there?
The weather was good, we had a little light snow and around
2:30-3pm the wind kicked up, so a little after 3pm we bailed and went back to the marina. No really, he picked his own name and if he does some posting he will tell you. We have been out fishing over the years and we told him about the site, I told him he should join and start posting so far he has at least signed up. You saw him the last time we were out there, when those two guys put on the school for us during the spawn.WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]What made you think I was going out today? I never said I was going out. I got some things going on that are taking my free time right now, like the boat house, plus the boat is still in the canvas shop having the cover made. It's free inside storage til the cover gets done so I'm not pushing it.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Well, I guess it is because you are usually a Friday fisherman and from what I can see it was the best weather all weekend long. I guess I was just jumping to conclusions.
[signature]
Nice report WH2,sure would be nice to get into one of those Bear Lake macs.
[signature]
No! I picked the name, I have been going out with WS & WH2 for several years now, but I can only go "Part of Time" but it alwise good to get out when I can, Most of the time WiperSlayer shows me up & takes me to school (the most and the biggest). It's not often that I do better then him, "Thanks for all the lessons WS I'm getting better!" PS thanks for letting me wear your lucky[Wink] hat yesterday
[signature]
Sounds like it was a good day for the cutts. I had plans to go with Fish1on in Teroys old boat today but I decided not to go because of the snow and winds forecasted for today.

I was driving along the side of you guys yesterday about 5:00pm when you came out of Logan canyon untill you got to main street. I honked and waved and WS gave a quick wave and looked the other way. I don't think he remembered who I was.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Welcome to the board, PTSlayer. I was wondering what the PT stood for. The reason I asked if WH2 named you is because he's a little partial to the "slayer" title. I saw it and I just thought to myself " That looks like a WH2 given name". That's why I asked. Sounds like you hit the best fish yesterday. That's great. Again, welcome to the board and hoping to see your posts frequently.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]OK, WH2, did you call him up and tell him to say that? HA![/size][/font][cool]
[signature]
Thanks for the welcome! hope to post more, even with a Part Time kitchen pass
[signature]
The wind forcast was one of the reasons that we went yesterday, it looked like it was the best day for this week.
I'll talk to WS about seeing you in Logan, I was in the back seat and probably asleep. Was Fish1on the guy that bought Troys boat? Was he planning on spending the night up there?
BLM- no I did not call PTS, but I was hoping he would chime in and start posting. How is year boat garage coming?
WH2
[signature]
the pics from Friday WS just sent them
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Right now it's coming slow. I'm inside where it's dry and it's outside waiting for me to continue! [/size][/font]
[signature]
WH2, I did'nt see you so you probably where asleep, I did'nt recognize the driver. Fish1on bought Teroys boat. He has a trailier home in Garden City, he has been spending the weekends up there for the past six months.
[signature]
[red][size 3]Nice report, any idea who that was blowing through Logan about quarter to seven this morning Bear Lake bound and pulling a Lund? I was on my way to work [crazy] and they passed me and ruined my whole day! Their safety chain had come off and it was wildly banging around and throwing sparks, I tried to catch up and let them know but they seemed to be in a bigger hurry to get where they were going than where I was. Just hoping they didn't have any troubles. [/size][/red]
[signature]
There were a few guys that were talking about going today but none of them have a Lund, unless of course Lundman went up there today. WH2
[signature]