Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going fishing out of Echo this morning 01/21/14
Well I am going to try to continue my track record this morning of getting a big one out of the overton arm. I have caught all my big fish around this time of year and the weather is going to be beautiful this morning.

Going straight to Eagle Cove and hope there is a big one there this morning.

Will let you know how we do. I am actually taking my old high school wrestling coach and his friend out this morning also. Maybe one of them will get a big one.
[signature]
If Eagle Cove is not a secret place can you tell me about where it is from Echo Marina. I spend most of my fishing out of Echo Bay, unfortunately I have not had quite the success in a couple years, but I still go there because it is my favorite place.
Thanks Cacoon
[signature]
lol, eagle cove is a name I made up for it. Honestly, I don't know what it would be really called on a map.

All I can tell you go left out of Echo Bay about 2 miles down on the left.
[signature]
haha, I googled it and it came up with a article about a place in the Overton Arm that is good for seeing the eagles, and it said two miles from the Marina but did not give a direction or map. Is it north or south of Stewarts Point? Thanks for the inside info.
Cacoon
[signature]
lol that article is from when i caught a big fish there.

can't really explain it especially with the water level going up.
[signature]
Have any luck? i went to Powell last week. Weather was good but no stripers. I think the water was too cold. 47 degrees. I have an AZ license I need to put to use.
[signature]
Take your AZ license and go check out Alamo lake near Wickenburg. Good for bass, crappie and full of nice size catfish.

Or wait until the ice melts a fish Lake Mary just outside of Flagstaff. Anchovy under a bobber may get you a real big pike in the warm shallow water.
[signature]
I have an Arizona non resident fishing license. Best I can figure from reading the regulations i am legal to fish Mead and Mojave with it and no Nevada license this year. Still I am calling NDOW to be sure.
[signature]
You will need the river endorsement stamp if you are on the water (boat) AZ or NV.

You will have to look up the shore regulations.
[signature]
I stopped by the Vegas NDOW office and asked in person. There was some uncertainty between the two people who were working the office, but a call to a superior cleared me.

As a Nevada resident, with a AZ non resident fishing license I may legally fish Mead and Mojave from a boat with no Nevada River Stamp or NV license. I don't know about fishing from a Nevada shore but I'm never doing that anyway. Now I hope the rangers get informed; I asked the office to let them know.
[signature]
I went and tried fishing the devils cove cutoff lake. Had one catfish on that is all. Fish were jumping but the water was quite murky. Probably a bait only situation. I could see where someone was fishing the Mead mudline behind sandy point. Probably did better than I did.
[signature]