Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini-Me Micro Flies
These are the flies i've been using with a 1 lb test leader.
[inline "micro fly (2).JPG"] 5/8" finish nail for added weight and a drop of crazy glue on the shank of the hook to the nail then a few wraps.
Just then another drop of glue to hold the fly from sliding down and a few more wraps to finish it,no knot needed just another drop of glue[Wink]
[Image: naQGFwVgS-I]
[signature]
Way to use those nails. Good idea Paul. But, not all Super Glue is waterproof. FYI. Might want to make sure[Wink]

Okay, #14 is small. Maybe a Mini, but not Micro! Just sayin'
[signature]
thanks i'm still learning..normally use the #18 but sold out [frown] #20 would be considered Micro i'm guessing[Wink]
[signature]
To some I guess. Micro to me is #24 to #32. [Wink]
Keep on using what works for you. [Smile]
[signature]
I am very interested in you 1 lb leader! Got a name brand or a package?
[signature]
It's not real fly leader goddess..its just some 1 lb Nanofil from Berkely i picked up to check it out. I had put some on a spinning reel but every time the fish took me into some rocks it burst..on the fly it worked out better [Wink]

This is the first line i ever fish with in 1lb[fishin] [inline "fly 1lb.JPG"]
[signature]
[#008000]Hey FG - how about making a furled leader using 14/0 thread. Wouldn't that get the wt. of the leader close to 1lb?[/#008000]
[signature]
Good idea. I will try that.
[signature]
Welll.... did you make this leader?? Juz curious sis.. :-)
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000]Whoa - glad to hear a voice from the past. A while back I made a couple of 14/0 furled leaders. Believe they tested out at about 2lbs. The method is not rocket science as I connect the leader to a lab scale then add weight. Since I did this several years ago I could be wrong about the test weight. Will have to do it again sometime. Good to see you back Macfly.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Oh Im in and out once in a while 'migo... just nowhere near as often as many moons ago... and guess Im still a mod since I can edit posts etc... LOL...
[signature]
Tried to catch a carp on this same 1 lb test leader[crazy]
The drag was a bit tight,its not fly fishing but did use a fly hook again #16. The leader was about 6' long attached with a blood knot to some 6 lb test

[url "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8UvClLQzEM"] [Image: default.jpg?v=53601e5c] 5:16 [/url]

[url "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8UvClLQzEM"]Carp fishing Fail with 1 lb test Nanofil [/url]

He did make a good run had he hooked for a bit till line burst near blood knot
[signature]