Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
echo
Any info on the ice edges at echo, can you get a wheeler or sled on it, is there snow on the ice? Thanks for info
[signature]
I drove by it yesterday afternoon, on my way to the city. There was one lonely person, right in the middle, between the boat ramp, and the truck turn out point. I have seen very few people on it this year. I think draining it almost dry over the summer, for dam repairs, has had a huge impact on fish numbers. I could be wrong, but there have been very few people fishing it. I did see a wheeler on it a few weeks back. He had driven clear up by the dam.
[signature]
They drained it too a puddle of 5-8% for the 2nd year...
[signature]
Haven't fish is since like december back then was 6" but no fish too give so I'm guessing there should be about 10-12" by now. If I were you I'd bail that place and just stick too rockport.
[signature]
echo can be weird fishing especially with the water levels are low like they have been the last few. If you're going to fish up in the flats expect slower fishing for perch cause they are constantly cruising those flats and very rarely stay put for long.
I've had great days on the flats and bad days for sure, caught some good numbers by the dam too.
Its kind of a crap shoot out there and there is no guarantee they will bite once you find em either. The size keeps you going back though.
[signature]
I don't think they allow motorized vehicles on the ice there.. No sure but you might want to call and find out..
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
I have seen wheelers and snowmobiles in the past out there. Like was said before, the flats can be hard going for perch. There are some good size ones in there though.
[signature]
I got skunked thursday AM. 3 nibbles. Ice is thick. Auger head will disappear in the shavings, 16 inches at least. One ATV track, that drove onto the ice just north of the boat ramp.

I fished the opposite bank from the boat ramp, west side 45-20 fow. Couple perch nibbles on the bottom. One trout nibble just under the ice.
Good luck, let us know how the action is.
[signature]