Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Pump House Ice?
Anyone fish it in the last couple days? Any updates on ice conditions? I'm probably headed over in the morning, but 2 inches isn't enough for me. I'm fundamentally against wearing a life jacket while ice fishing! Any info is much appreciated.
[signature]
I posted a report from this morning (Monday). I'm not retyping it, so you can look it up yourself.
[signature]
The wind cometh
[signature]
How's the ice out there,I know it's opening up down by cisco
[signature]
I was on it last Monday , 6 days ago in a boat. But I hear people are ice fishing it now. ???? I haven't seen it, idk what it looks like.
But the wind blew last week with an inversion set in, if it holds after wedsday and Thursday, ice fishing on, but if it doesn't hold, it could look bad, boats might not be able to even get on it, with iced edges or piled ice sheets. I guess everyone will hold their breath.
[signature]
I fished off first point Sunday. Ice was very unstable. The thickest ice we found was right on shore and only about 3". By the time we got out to fishing depth, ice was 1.5" thick. After drilling a hole the ice would slowly sink around you, after half hour or so you'd have 1" of water at your feet. Word of warning...the pressure ridges and cracks are very unstable and moving constantly, we had one open up 3 feet in just a couple hours while we were fishing. Nobody went for a dip this trip but we were wearing life jackets/spike/ropes just in case.
[signature]
Can you tell me where the pump house is on bear lake. The only one I know of is on the north end. Thanks
[signature]
The pump house is at the south east corner of the lake
[signature]
But don't go out on the ice. See my reply to Bear Lake Fish Guy's other post for pictures. Scary!
[signature]