Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any reports on the Burbot Bash
Anybody out there have a report on the burbot bash went.
[signature]
Here's the final results....

[url "http://www.daggettcounty.org/DocumentCenter/View/5579"]http://www.daggettcounty.org/...mentCenter/View/5579[/url]

In total, 4039 burbot were harvested over the course of the event and 15 had tags. Four of the tags were from Nov 2013 (for this event), none of which were the big cash prizes.

Ryno
[font "Calibri"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[signature]
I was at the southern cliffs of the confluence thursday night and just a half mile up the Black Fork arm Friday and had very little success. Reports from nearby anglers were not any different. I learned today from various people that Buckboard was the place to be over the weekend at least as far as ice fishing is concerned.
I was using sonars and marked very few fish in various locations and depths. Of course fishing was involved so I had a great time but have only one Rainbow to show for it.
[signature]
Hello,

I did not show up for the Bash this year because of all the rule changes from last year. I was just wondering if the turnout was the same as the last few years with all the crazy rule changes this year.

I still plan on doing my part in removing the Burbot this year just not at the Bash. I would love to hear your thoughts comparing the rules and turn out this year to last years.

Were there more or less fish caught this year than last?

Were there more money fish caught last year than this?

Thanks
[signature]
It was quite a bit different this year, and I'm not sure what the officials will elect to do next year. This event has changed hands over the years, and each organizer puts their own little spin on it. It was first organized by Sweetwater Chamber of Commerce, then went to the Flaming Gorge Chamber of Commerce (2-yrs), and this year it was Daggett County.

Last year was the best so far, when 1170 participants caught 4287 burbot in two nights, 13 of which were tagged.

This year there were 401 participants that caught 4039 burbot in 72 nights, 15 of which were tagged.

There's also a huge difference in ice conditions between those years, which may drive participation. Last year, there was ice all the way into Utah, and anglers fished both states. This year there was ice down to about Buckboard, with exception to some ice in lower bays, canyons, etc.

I would contact Brian Raymond at the Daggett County office in Manila and let him know your thoughts. I suspect the organizers be discussing how to plan it next year in the coming weeks and would appreciate your input.

Good luck, Ryno
[signature]
THANKS RYNO!!!!!

That is just the answer I was looking for. I really hope things change back to the way it was last year. I really loved fishing the Bash in the past and just could not bring myself to do it this year when they seemed to be gearing it to the local Wyoming people who could fish the tourney daily.

Thanks again for this post!
[signature]