Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perch Attacking Cicada Underwater Video
Perch attacking the Cicada... nice Jumbos inhaling it after just charging in.

This video was taken on the same day that I also captured the underwater video of fishing with Northland Tackles Gill-Getter. The perch were not interested at all in the Gill-Getter, but when I dropped the Reef Runner Cicada down in Chartreuse and Glow they were attacking it without hesitation. Check out the underwater footage and how some of the Jumbo Yellow Perch inhale this Cicada! These perch were on the prowl chasing down shiners and spread out over this sand flat. The Cicada can really draw the fish in with its flash and vibration over a long distance. It also helps you key in on those bigger fish and keeps some of the smaller fish away. Give them a try next time you're on the hunt for jumbo perch, but you don't have to take my word for it. Watch the vid.
[signature]
Nice, did you have any bait on it or was it just the jig?
[signature]
Meal worms and perch eyes at different times in the video. Usually I just put a bit on the front hook.
[signature]
I fish a natural slue created by an island in the Columbia river. The water is about 8 to 10 feet deep and I fish from shore with the Trout Magnet system. Do you think I would be able to fish your technique with the Cicada from shore. This is the only spot I regularly fish with a sandy bottom. I do catch yellow perch and small mouth bass there.
[signature]
Yeah it may just work. In open water I usually just cast out and bounce the lure off the bottom. Pull it up 1-2 feet let it fall to bottom and repeat all the way in. Just be carefull to keep contact with the lure as it falls as this is when most strikes occur.
[signature]