Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need advice please
Ok Ive had enough... I need to catch fish, Im gonna go try some soft plastics for bass up near echo bay. Ive never done it so Im not expecting much and I will also try some deep cranking.
Any advise on colors and rigs for my plastics? and maybe some structure to look for? Any advise will be very very helpful. Thanks
[signature]
For cranks, anything shad imitating.... white, silver, etc. Green pumpkin is a popular plastic color for Mead as well as white. Good luck.
[signature]
Hey buddy, I'm gonna throw all the pertinent info at you as quick as possible! So, if you're shore fishing, use some realistic colors for crank baits (I prefer rip baits, highly recommended) up there in that beautiful echo bay water--immitate threadfin shad, bluegill, sunfish, and fingerling bass. For readily available soft plastics, definitely use Berkeley Chigger Craws--texas rigged. I can never get tired of these, they are magic. Right into sunken trees, brush, grass, rock piles...just magic. As for other soft plastics, stick to whites, browns, purples, and greens. If you have the equipment for a dropshot rig, that is a really key setup. Just go out there with the attitude of 'Maybe I won't catch anything, but I am gonna fish the hell out of this place" -- you can't go wrong. I take that attitude everywhere I fish, and when I get skunked it doesn't feel so bad, but when I have a hay-day, it's glorious. I've heard lmb and smb are staging in shallow water at echo right now for pre-spawn, right on the verge of serious vulnerability (tomorrow should be especially good with such warm temps). Just remember that it's still winter, the water is cold, and bass are tough so you're gonna work hard for it--but gotdamn it'll be worth it [Wink] Anyways, hope this was helpful and not too assuming lo I'm jealous man, I wish I was at echo tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to a report--kill em buddy
[signature]
One last bit on structure---avoid any kind of beach. Look for coves with sunken tree limbs,stumps, big grass beds, dead reeds/tules, boulders, drop-offs, islands (big and small)...where there's structure, there's bass. Keep an eye out for small fish too--where ever I see bait fish, I start fishing. Structure is the key to finding bass, period. When you're cast out, always imagine a bass following your lure in, watching it, following, waiting for the right movement to trigger a strike--make that right movement to make a strike happen.
[signature]
Rite on brother!!! Thanks for the great advice and hopefully I will be posting some fish later this afternoon!!!
[signature]