Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Ice Is halfway Gone!
Last night it was 40-50 mph winds at Bear Lake. I love Ice fishing but would rather not on Bear Lake!! who-hoo[fishin].

Making a trip around the lake, I will post pictures when I get home.

[signature]
+1

Boom!!!
[signature]
I presume your collective excitement with the ice being gone is due to the belief that the hordes of the "great unwashed" average Joe ice anglers won't be able now to catch your pet lake trout?

Whatever floats your boat.
[signature]
+1 +1 +++++ 1000 [cool]
We are NOT all dip sticks when it comes to ice fishing ! I personally take GREAT care in catching & releasing fish !! [mad] I use All barbless hooks.. Oh do all boaters use barbless hooks.. Bet NOT ! [:p] ..
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
Sure, or whatever makes you feel better, or ( floats your boat)
[signature]
I feel fine, Thanks for asking.

Also haven't fished big blue since I was a kid, so I don't have a dog in the fight, but it has been interesting to follow some of these ice reports.
[signature]
I just want to keep going in my boat. I don't care who goes out on that lake. I just catch more fish in my boat.

.[fishin]
[signature]
If you don't have a dog in the fight , why did you throw one in then???
What's interesting is people's reaction to posts on BFT,as well as posts that show up on BFT. I don't think the argument is boating over ice fishing with alot of people, it's accessibility!!
No one wants to ice fish on 1-2 inches. And no one wants to boat with icebergs floating around.

I can't speak for outdoors guys, but I killed my pet lake trout years ago
[signature]
Wow that was a short ice season this year... Do you think it will come back or is this it for the year? Any Bear Lake residents that has a feel for that question?? Glad we had ice for the cicso run, that is so much easier to get the kids on ice to let them get the bug for a lifetime... We had a great dip netting year for the kids we took with us and so I'm happy about that... You definately can't miss a week without risking missing a season... Guess we should have been brave and tried catching a real fish while we were there, but we are still alive so won't argue about that... Lack of ice on big blue will sure make our other ponds more crowded this weekend than they would have been.. Later J
[signature]
Ok I did a drive around the lake today. The west side of the lake is open water but nowhere to launch. Marina is froze but loosening up. The entire east side of the lake is covered in ice. Every piece of ice that was on the west side has piled up on cisco, s eden, pump house, rainbow. It is all broken up and not very fishable so it needs a couple of cold nights to freeze up and it should be ok but not ideal.
[signature]
Rite now 3 inches
[signature]
I'll chime in with a prediction. I think that by this coming weekend it will be plenty safe for fishing on the ice. We have some really cold weather on the forecast for this week and its pretty much froze over now anyway. I'm really excited about it. I think it's here to stay for a little while now.

I don't know about the rockpile, but I'll definitely be fishing the east side this Friday and Saturday as long as Mother Nature doesn't throw an unexpected curve ball at our current forecast.
[signature]
Now if we could get Strawberry to open up a bit
[signature]
+1
Sounds good maybe I'll get to try it after all. Just seems a little too early to be done with winter. Thanks for the update. J
[signature]
Nice rod holders [Smile]
[signature]
Lol best holders I could find... The fishing for trout was very slow to notta. We only had one bite. Figure the trout still have a buffet of cisco down there. We did get lots of cisco but could only snag them as netting them was almost not possible due to them being net shy..
[fishon]
[signature]