Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trolling motor advice-inflatable pontoon
[quote monkeee2002]That's what I was afraid of, Ron. Like I mentioned above, I'm only riding about an inch above the water as it is, and that's all leveled out. I don't carry much with me, one pole, 3 or 4 lbs of fishing gear, and a small cooler with (usually) 4 20 oz water bottles in it.
I'm concerned with how it will ride when I add 80-ish lbs of motor & battery.
But, I think I have been leaving the 'toons a tad soft when I launch, so that I can ignore them as the day heats up, without worrying about popping them. Maybe I'll just have to run them tighter, and pay attention.

FG: That's the pic I have saved on my PC, with the ribbon & switch.
I found a youtube video where a guy pulled apart the OEM minn kota switch, removed the handle, and stuck the minn kota switch in a box, similar to what you have.[/quote]

The motor in this picture is 15 years old, I am still using it on my Assault.
You really should invest in an Air Gauge. So many people under inflate. Think of them as car tires. Equal air means ultimate ride.
Yours are Urethane and can take way more than Vinyl. I would say fill them semi hard and let air out if needed, don't expect it to inflate.

I agree with Cpierce about locking the motor in place and using fins to turn, but this motor not only offers the on/off, but you never have to turn to change speed (which will come up) or to go forward (say you just ran into an under water tree[Smile]).

The Wire ribbon was given to me, maybe a trucking repair company could have some. Box about $2.95 big radio knob $1.00. Silicone to glue the control in the box (and water proof wiring) $3.00.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [monkeee2002] Trolling motor advice-inflatable pontoon - by flygoddess - 02-02-2014, 02:52 PM