Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huntington 12-13
My novice brother-in-laws and my boy almost out fished me at Huntington Saturday. The 4 of us started fishing just before 9:00, by 10:00 every one but myself had be hit and one brother-in-law had pulled 2 fish out. I finally got hit and pulled out a 16” Tiger what a fight. By 12:00 all four of has had pulled out 3 fish each. It died off after 12:00. About 1:00 each brother-in-laws pulled out 1 more. I spent the next hour trying everything in my case; I could watch fish on my Vexilar swim up and look at the bait and swim away.

I was down to my last jig left to try in my box, a green Rat Finki, it worked I pull out 3 more fish in the next hour. We started packing up at 3:00 and my boy hooked his 4 fish. In 6 hours the 4 of us had caught 18 fish.

The fish were caught in all depths. My boy caught 1 of his fish just as he was placing the hook and leader in the water and was getting ready to let his line out. I pulled some of my off the bottom, most of them where caught in the center. There is about 12”-18” of snow on the ice and some places have slush on the ice.

Another fun day on the ice beat a day of work.
[signature]
Nice report FW, was the 16" tiger you caught the biggest of the day? How deep was the water you were fishing in? Were you using any bait? WH2
[signature]
Caught 2 16” fish, they were the biggest. We fished with either a wax or meal worm in 22’ of water.
[signature]