Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry Report
Hit the ice bright and early. Road to the marina was in good shape, could have taken a car or a 2 wheel drive. I did take the wheeler out today. If you stayed in the tracks of the snowmobiles it was not bad. I got into some fresh snow with no tracks and got bogged down a bit, but no slush. We made the mistake of clearing the snow off the ice to set up the tent. As soon as we popped the first hole the water just started gushing out and we had a live well right off the bat. About 4" of water on the ice.

Onto the fishing. Set up in 16' FOW first drop we had doubles. Then it went dead. Finally got the tent setup and set up the camera. Seen a lot of fish and they had no interest in the bait. The fish kept putting their heads in the mud. So what the hell we dropped our jigs right in the mud fish on fish on. Caught a few more and decided to leave. Good luck out there.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Would you take your wheeler again? Also how thick is the ice? Thanks again
[signature]
I would definately take the wheeler again. It would not be fun dragging a sled in the snow. I bet the ice is 12" plus.
[signature]
We had about 20 inches of ice where we were and lots of four wheelers. We had the same thing we marked a ton of fish but getting them to bite was a different story. We tried big small and everything in between, all sorts of different baits they are just tight lipped.
[signature]