Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building New Nevada Website! What do you think.
Hey guys I have a new website I am Building for Nevada. Tell me what you think?

[left][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Over the past year I have been looking for information on Nevada’s areas to fish at. I found several sites that list information but mostly areas like Lake Mead, Lake Mohave, Lake Tahoe, Lake Topaz, and Walker Lake. What I found was a state divided into two parts, Northern Nevada and Southern Nevada. What I want to do is but all differences aside and list them all. Right now I have several pages from A-F almost done. There are still sites that are under construction because I can’t find any info about that area. If you can provide any please feel free to contact me at [/font][/size]

[url "mailto:nevada@nighthawkcd.com"][font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff]nevada@nighthawkcd.com[/#0000ff][/font][/url][font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]Welcome to Nevada's Waterways Fishing Website![/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]The lakes, reservoirs streams, and rivers integrated in this list range from small mountain lakes streams and rivers surrounded by snow capped peaks, to large reservoirs with beaches and boating facilities, to hot desert rivers where extreme summer temperatures reach 120 degrees. Some of the most popular large lakes are Lake Mead, Lake Mohave, Pyramid Lake, Walker Lake, Wild Horse Reservoir, Wilson Reservoir, and Lake Tahoe. Many of these lakes, rivers and streams offer adjacent campgrounds and are part of the Nevada Department of Wildlife NDOW and the National or State Parks Service. Most of the water in Nevada is used for irrigation for the local farmers. Some of the reservoirs are abundant with wildlife and are excellent areas for them to live and thrive. Nevada has many rivers that flow through the state like the Mighty Colorado River, Truckee River, Humboldt River, and the Virgin River.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Most of these lakes, rivers, streams and reservoirs offer tremendous opportunities for fishing, boating, camping, hiking, backpacking, and picnicking. Many of the larger reservoirs offer more water sports such as swimming and water skiing. Because of the high elevations, many mountain lakes and reservoirs are frozen in the winter months and very cool even in the summer. Nevada has many alpine lakes that can be found in the Northern Region of the state. The most famous is the Ruby Mountains nicknamed "Nevada’s Swiss Alps" near Wells and Elko, Nevada. These pristine clear cobalt blue glacier lakes like Liberty Lake and Favre Lake were formed years ago from glaciers that were once located in Nevada. [/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]The climate in Nevada varies extremely from hot and dry summer days to cold winter nights. Nevada is known for the High Sierras Mountains that divide California and Nevada. Lightening is a severe threat, particularly on mountain peaks, lakes and open fields. Summertime temperatures routinely reach 90 to 115 degrees on the deserts and the 70- 0 degrees in the mountains. Cool weather is always possible at night throughout Nevada, particularly at higher elevations. It is not unusual to need both shorts and a jacket on the same day.[/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]The winter routinely brings severe winter driving conditions with icy roads and limited visibility. Temperatures range from the 40s and 50s on the high deserts to well below zero in the mountains. Proper winter clothing and food is necessary to avoid hypothermia and one should be prepared to spend an unexpected night out if traveling in the backcountry or on the highways. [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]This Website will provide information for every lake, reservoir, river, and stream that an angler can fish from. You will be able to see if there is a campsite nearby, what kinds of fish are there, what types of fishing tackle works best, and additional essential information about each site. Of coarse there are many more areas that Northern Nevada residents won't talk about so I hoping they might pass on this information so we can list it here. If you would like to pass on this information please email me at [/size][url "mailto:nevada@nighthawkcd.com"][#0000ff][/left] [center][/url][url "http://www.nighthawkcd.com"]www.nighthawkcd.com[/url][url "mailto:nevada@nighthawkcd.com"][/center]

[left][/#0000ff][/url]
[/font]I have updated the site to include all Lakes Streams and Rivers from A-C

Adams McGill Reservoir

Angel Lake

Barley Creek

Barth Pit

Bassett Lake

Beaver Dam Wash

Big Creek

Big Springs Reservoir

Bilk Creek Reservoir

Blue Lakes

Boulder Reservoir

Bruneau River

Carlin Pond

Carson River

Carson River

East Fork

Catnip Reservoir

Cave Lake

Chiatovitch Creek

Chimney Dam Reservoir

Cleve Creek

Cold Creek Reservoir

Cold Springs Reservoir

Colorado River

Comins Lake

Crittenden Reservoir

Just to name a few so far![/left]

[signature]
i think ya got a great start nighthawk, and i think you did good by asking the utah boys & gals what they think . . . first: the utah board is the king of bft, second: they have alot of utah websites with all kinds of info, from elevation and directions to snow levels and webcams, so they know what to expect from a good website, and can give constructive criticism . . and because they're right next to nevada, alot of the utah board has fished nevada lakes and streams, so they can provide important input . ..

[blush] sweet

sm
[signature]
[Wink]Pretty Good so far, dude. I grew up in Sparks and Fallon, Nevada, so I'm very familiar with a lot of the fishing locations in the state. I just went to Pyramid Lake this weekend, and am going to post a report soon, but I don't know how to post pictures on this site 'cause I am so new. I'll also post on the Nevada board when I find out how to post pics. Perhaps you could tell me how?[:/]
[signature]
[size 1][size 3]Here is how you can post an attached file like one attached to an email. I have included a step by step way of doing it.
[/size]

[Image: step1a.jpg]

When you click on the browse button a new dialog box will show up. See Step 2

[Image: step2a.jpg]

Select the photo you want to post to Big Fish Tackle web server. I keep all my photos on My Pictures folder under My Documents. There are several ways you can upload pictures. You could use your CD ROM, ZIP Drive, Floppy Drive, Camera, etc...

[Image: step3a.jpg]

Once your photo has been selected it will be placed in the box on Step 4. Then click on the button that says upload attacment

[Image: step4a.jpg]

When this is done you will notice that the green bar will start to move to the right. Your file is uploading to the site. See Step 5

[Image: step5a.jpg]

[/size][size 3]When finished it will place it on the lower bar area of the post. See Step 6[/size][size 1]

[Image: step6a.jpg]

[/size][size 3]Post you message and you are done![/size][size 1]

[Image: step7a.jpg]

[/size][size 3]Notice your post is listed with an attached file. All someone has to do is click on the attached file and Bammm it's there. Good Luck![Smile][Smile][Smile][/size][size 1] [/size]
[signature]
[left][size 4]Here is the step-by-step procedure on posting your pictures, graphics, or videos on the message boards[/size][/left] [left][size 4][Image: step1.jpg][/size][/left]

[size 3]Step 1 [/size]

Resize your photos to

400 Pixels Wide (Approximately 5.5 Inches Wide)

300 Pixels Long (Approximately 4.2 Inches Long)

Check out your graphic program you have on you computer. Most programs will let you down size your photos. If you don't have a graphic program, then use Microsoft's free program MS Paint. You can find this on any computer with Microsoft Windows. I don't know the programs that are used for Apple Computers. In MS Paint just open your photo then select Image on the menu bar and them find and select Attributes... Here you can change the width and height. Just place 400 in the width and 300 in the height boxes. Your done with your photo.

[size 4]Step 2 [/size]

You need to place your photo on a website server. Big Fish Tackle has a place you can go to and make your own website. This is what I am talking about. When finished you will have an address where the photo can be found.

Example Only [url "http://www.yourwebsite.com/pic1.jpg"]http://www.yourwebsite.com/pic1.jpg[/url] [center][#ff0000][size 1](This is a none working link example only)[/size][/#ff0000][/center] [center][#ff0000][size 1][/size][/#ff0000][/center] [left][size 4]Step 3[/size][/left] [left]Select new post and look at photo below[/left] [left]Select the graphic icon where the red arrow is pointing. [/left] [left][Image: step3.jpg][/left] [left][size 4]Step 4 [/size][/left] [left]A new dialog box will show up so you can place an address where your photo, graphic, or video can be found. [/left] [left][Image: step4.jpg][/left]

If you get this (the broken link is what we call it) you have a problem with the link.

[Image: www]

If you were successful and see a photo come up like this then it worked.

[url "http://www.nighthawkcd.com/fishing/al.jpg"]http://www.nighthawkcd.com/fishing/al.jpg[/url]

[Image: al.jpg] [center][url "http://www.nighthawkcd.com/fishing/al.jpg"]http://www.nighthawkcd.com/fishing/al.jpg[/url][/center] [center][size 5]WOW! That is great[/size][/center] [center][size 5]That is all you have to do.[/size][/center] [center][size 5]I hope you find this helpful. [/size][/center] [center][size 5]Good Luck![/size][/center]
[signature]