Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from Saskatchewan
Hi Everyone

I thought I would introduce myself here as I am a fly fisherman from up in Saskatchewan. While I enjoy ice fishing as it gets a guy through a long winter fly fishing is my passion. I fish for everything from the 5 species of trout we have to pike, walleye, carp, goldeye and anything else that swims by me. I just recently finished a video from my 2013 season highlights so check it out and you will get a sense of just some of the fishing I have around here.

I look forward to getting to know people here and learning what I can and also sharing some of what I know...

Here's to an early spring [cool]

Nick
[signature]
Welcome to BFT. You sure have some beautiful fish in a beautiful country. Congratulations on a good year!
[signature]
Thanks! Just waiting for the ice to start melting now!
[signature]
So are we! It least it is melting fast here in Idaho. Ice on the lakes isn't safe any more, and a number of rivers are running high with some early rain and snow melt.

Do you have any tailwaters that stay open? Fiyfishing can be good in the winter if you have some streams that aren't blocked in with ice.
[signature]
We have a couple tailwaters that stay open all year round, but due to the extreme cold it is not possible to fly fish all year round... The first opportunity to be able to make a couple casts without your guides freezing up normally arrives some time in March... I am waiting eagerly for that as I have the boat ready to go... Unfortunately those same waters are then closed for 5 weeks from 1 April onwards, but there are a few opportunities in between... It's coming though!
[signature]