Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hows the ice?
With the rain and warm temps hows the ice where your at?
[signature]
Ice was fine at Fish Lake - entire lake capped (except a little area at Twin Creeks). More than a foot thick where I drilled. Fishing was slow for trout. You could catch all the bait (perch) you wanted.
[signature]
Went up to East Canyon the other night and it was a soggy mess. The place where we were driving our wheelers on and off the ice kept getting worse.
[signature]
Went to scofield yesterday. Never seen slush so bad. There was a good 6-8 of fresh snow on top. Underneath the snow was probably 4 inches of water/slush and then the ice. The ice was over a foot thick. There were a few spots where it looks like the ice has rotted out on top in about a 2 foot circle and in the bottom of the circle was about a 4 inch hole going all the way through the ice. Makes it look kind of sketchy. Fishing was so-so. Can't entice any if the bigger fish to bite. I know they are in there too cuz I was catching nice 17-22 inch cutts before the ice.
[signature]
Bear lake was 2" slush and 5" good ice...Sunday
[signature]
Hit Causey this morning, 4 inches of snow on top of 10-12 inches of slush. My sock was wet in my Sorel about the third step out. Saw a snowmobile having a hard time as well, he and I didn't even bother drilling a hole before leaving. Unless we get a week of ten degree weather I've wrote that place of for the season which is saying A LOT since that is the primary place I ice fish. Hopefully someone else has better news on Lost Creek or Strawberry. [:/]
[signature]
be safe aint no fish worth lozzin your life for
[signature]