Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing a Standing Deck
Hey all,

I'm newer to fishing with a pontoon boat but recently bought a 9 ft boat. I am an avid fly fisher and bought the boat to expand my rivers and fishing holes here in Northern Idaho. I would like to instal a light weight standing deck and possible a support bar. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Husky
[signature]
Which pontoon?
[signature]
Hi Flygoddess,

Thanks for the reply. The pontoon is a Wilderness 14 (9ft) from Classic Accessories. It is similar to the Classic Assessories Colorado, but is the Costco version of the raft. I have looked at the Fishcat that has the stand and figure one can be manufacured to fit this pontoon. Instead of reinventing the wheel I thought I would check to see what plans were already created.

Thanks,

Husky
[signature]
I personally have no suggestions for that boat, but by saying which boat you have, someone that owns one may jump in.
Thinks I can say about a standing deck is it is very nice having one that can be moved for kicking and placed for standing while on the water. Depending on the diameter of the pontoons, and where the foot bars are in conjunction to the water level. Meaning, you will want the platform out of the water or it could get slippery.
Also, again, you will have to slide the frame its self back on the pontoons to compensate for the extra weight on the front.
You could fabricate one that remains in place along with the lean bar and maybe sit on the deck to kick like Ron does.
[signature]