Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rod Building & Salsa Dipping
Rod building Saturday night was a hoot! Learning how to wrap the rod was harder than I thought at first. but later I kind of got the hang of it!

James and company we there as always to give pointers and help out. BLM gave out some rod blanks for ice rods and we enjoyed the company of Petty & Old_Coot also. BLM was if great form keeping everyone in stiches, and for I brought along just a little salsa for the guys to enjoy.

Now I don't know how much rod building was accomplished but the salsa was long gone before the class was over. I left a couple samples with James so he could enjoy them without the whole crew attacking the salsa bowl.

Thanks again HFT!
[signature]
I must apologise to the class, you see that salsa was soo good I could not stay away thus I didn't do as good a job teaching as I should have.

It was a fun class. both classes are doing awsome jobs on there rods.

note to students. now that there are no more schedualed classes,NO PROCRASTINATING-I don't want to see any half finished rods 6 months from now. so wrap your rods and schedual flex-coat.

Look forward to failing you so you have to build another.

James
[signature]
see you tonight to flex coat mine
[signature]
I had a good time with the rod class. I am going to work on my rod the week between Christmas and new Years. My work is going to laugh at me building a rod on company time.

the salsa was good, definitely distracting me from rod building. But it was fun to hang out and be around some great folks, even though petty was picking on me [Sad]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I wrapped one wrap all night and ate salsa the rest of the evening. The 5 Alarm was really tasty; I devoured the whole bottle, and I enjoyed the zuchini also. It was fun again to hang out and talk fishing with all including our drop by guests. I plan on wrapping mine during the holidays and flex-coating it after the first of the year. I hope that will be all right HFT![/size][/font]
[signature]
I finished wraping my rod yesterday. I just called over to Hooked and got scheduled to do my flex coat Tuesday night. At first wraping it is frustrating but after you wrap a couple guides three different times each, because you don't like the look or the string came loose or any other reason, it starts to become simple after that. Can't wait to catch my first fish on it.

Hey FFM I was a drop by guest also. It kinda hurts my fellings you left me out. Thanks for the salsa it was great.

Thanks for the blank BLM.
[signature]
MGB; I knew who you were but my mind went brain dead when I was trying to remember your handle, I didn't want to give anyone credit improperly for dropping in. My mind set said it was MGB, but the brain wasn't too sure so I figured on being safe and sorry later. Didn't mean to cut you out, since I've met you before. I could picture the face but like I said couldn't match the handle to it. It was good to see you again too. Hope you enjoy your new rod when its all done

I will be wrapping my rod during the holidays too. Where I work the plant shuts down on Dec 24, and we go back to work on Jan 5th, a nice needed break from the daily hum-drum
[signature]