Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to catch a bucket load of chubs?
Hey guys,
My storage freezer crapped out over the weekend, and thawed out all of my chub stash that I caught at Scofield back in October. Just in time for ice off! Is there anywhere around the Ogden area that I can catch a bucket load of chubs? I know where they are at Scofield, but if I can not have to do that drive, that would be even better. Thanks, Fred K.
[signature]
American Falls Reservoir up in Idaho, west of Pocatello. Tons of them!
[signature]
[quote Yahtahay]American Falls Reservoir up in Idaho, west of Pocatello. Tons of them![/quote]

Having lived in Burley for several years, I know right where AF Reservoir is! However, I think Scofield is closer. How's the fishing at AF anyway? I've entertained the idea of dragging my boat up there in the past just to fish somewhere different. I hear there's some pretty good rainbows in there. Any truth to it? Thanks, Fred.
[signature]
Fred, there are some incredible Rainbows up there now!

<strong>34 lb 11.8 oz cutbow was caught up there back in 2011. </strong>

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Record-rainbow-...57908.html

<p>Hate to say it on a public form but AF is full of big rainbows but you have to work for them. It's not fast action up there but when you do catch them they are usually pretty decent sized. Also the SB up there are incredible! Can't wait for May to arrive as it will bring incredibly fast SB action.</p>

Also, my bad, I guess it is about "6's" on the distance vs. Scofield. Either way, AF is full of chubs.

So...You were from Burley..ever heard of Walcott? [Wink] Go ahead, tell me your stories, I won't doubt you one bit! [Wink]
[signature]
If you have a boat you can catch them very consistently on PaliSades reservoir by Alpine with Koke gear. There are literally thousands of them. Just find them on the fish finder and lower your downrigger to them and bam! Every pass you will get one. I know that's too far but for people closer that want some, they are very easy too stock up on and fun too!
[quote outdoorsman1]If you have a boat you can catch them very consistently on PaliSades reservoir by Alpine with Koke gear. There are literally thousands of them. Just find them on the fish finder and lower your downrigger to them and bam! Every pass you will get one. I know that's too far but for people closer that want some, they are very easy too stock up on and fun too![/quote]

Thanks for the info! Fred.
[signature]