Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation Report 9/11
Was able to get over to Starvation for a few hours yesterday and thought I would report on the days events. Rained entire trip over, but the sky graciously opened when we arrived at 7:00a.

Wanted to check out walleye and perch to get ready for ice season so headed first to Salterious (?) Wash Area. Water 66.8 deg and clear. Calm winds. Some bows cruseing shallow and down to about 25'. We stayed on bottom with bouncers and jet divers (30'). Picked up 2 smallies (one @ 16"), 2 eyes (small), 2 bows (standard size) and 2 perch (11 & 12"). All caught slow trolling.

About11:00 headed over to Rabbit Gulch. The back is dry and I would guess water is down 15' or more from Spring levels. Picked up 2 more nice perch following the drop-off contour in 30 to 35'. Saw what I took to be eyes laying on the bottom, but they weren't interested at that time of the day.

About 1:00p headed down to bridge to check out that area and found lots of bows hanging out under the bridge. Found what I thought were fairly large schools of perch in that area down at 50'. Ran out of time and couldn't fish there, but my opinion is the bridge is still the place to be at ice time. Didn't get back into Strawberry or Indian Bay. Sorry forgot the camera. Trueblue2
[signature]
Thanks for the report.
[signature]