Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have a koke and a smile!
Went to Ririe this morning. Hoping to get in one last hard deck fish before our heat wave arrives. Got there around 10:00, had three rods set up by about 10:30. Took about 15 minutes for fish to find me. Vex just went crazy, hooked one on jigging rod, then jawjacker goes off, then other jawjacker goes off. Have three fish flopping, remove hook on jacker fish and put in hole baitless, whap, koke number four. Take off and put back in hole, whack, reel up and I have a double. Limited. Thinking I'm special I look around and the other eleven guys are also all limited out, one had a koke that was sixteen and three quarter inches. In the truck and headed home by 11:30. Awesome. Only about five inches of ice, and not as froze as I would like to see around edges. Chunks of ice free floating on edge, probably should have brought a plank. With this heat wave that ice should be gone quite quickly. Mine were all the same size, from 12 to 13 inches.
[signature]
Nice job where was you fishing at and how many FOW sound like a good time
[signature]
Off the docks, over 80 feet deep in that spot. Caught fish from 40 to 20 feet deep. Fish finder is awesome to have when fishing for these kokes.
[signature]
Glad to hear that you found em! Thanks for the report! On another note... a 16+ incher now will make a pretty scrappy koke come summer time!
[signature]