Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rex's Reservoir Report (Fishlake Area)
This is a small reservoir located near Salina down in South Central Utah. 4wd access only.

After fulfilling family obligations that took nearly all day my dad and I decided to make a run for the first ice fishing trip of the year. We made it to the reservoir at 4:15 pm and fished until 5:30 between the two of us we landed 16 fish all from 14" to 16". We were using small white or chartruse foxee jigs. All of the fish were cutts or bows.

Another bit of info is the Fish Lake had 2" of Ice on the southern end of the lake last thursday. It was frozen to about the lakeside marina. This was before the wind on Sunday which may have cleared the lake of Ice. One week and I will dare go out there.

Mjigs
[signature]
did you try those crickets?
[signature]
I did and was able to catch 4 of my ten on the glow cricket. I was just having trouble setting the hook because the bite was so light. I opted to try a smaller size and after that the hookups were more frequent. Don't worry they will always be the first thing I try. They really do look awesome in the water.

I neglected to mention that the Ice was 7" thick.

Mjigs
[signature]
Glad to hear you finally got out and did some fishing. I was beginning to wonder if the Fish Lake party was going to be your first trip. HA
[signature]