Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raft Frame Floor & Motor Mount - NFO Avenger
Frame is great, but wanted a floor to store gear and to minimized dropped equipment into water. Found this stuff that is intended for kennel floors but is popular with whitewater rafters, and I can see why. Light, strong, easy to shape, and water passes through.

Also added quick-connect seat bracket, and these strong L-brackets and added poly-wood for motor mount on frame.

Without a floor, felt a little exposed on the water.

[inline "Frame Floor 1.JPG"]

This is better and will let me store gear next to seat.

[inline "Frame Floor 2.JPG"]

Grid is easy to cut for custom fit.

[inline "Frame Floor 3.JPG"]

It all comes together.

[inline "Frame Floor 4.JPG"]

Poly-wood and heavy-duty L-brackets make for solid motor-mount.

[inline "Frame Floor 5.JPG"]
[signature]
Having had our frame models a tad longer [Wink] This is a helpful suggestion. However, there is the issue with the sliding deck on ours the single man version. I had my standing deck slide under the seat on one outing and I accidentally dropped a loaded reel that I was getting ready to put on a rod. The reel hit the metal deck and bounced right in the water!!!![mad]
So with a visit to Kirkhams I bought some mesh cloth and did the same thing as you have pictured. It works like a dream with or without the standing deck. Just mount it on top with deck
[Image: IMG_1007_zps1ddf32a1.jpg]

Very clean set up there my friend, just sharing the bouncing idea.[Wink]
[signature]
D'oh! Leave it to me to overly complicate things [:/]

The mesh idea is sure a lot easier and cheaper and will obviously catch smaller items. I'll be paying a visit to Kirkams.

Thanks for the ideas.
[signature]