Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly Goddess Stillwater Class
Wasatch Fly Tying Expo is March 28 and 29. On Sat the 29th, FG is doing a workshop on tying and fishing stillwater flies. Sign me up!

http://www.wasatchexpo.com/workshopreservations.htm
[signature]
HUH! Cool, I wanna go to.. Just kidding, I mentioned this to Layne but, like most men, wasn't sure he was listening..LOL Thanks Layne I will do my best.
[signature]
People best show up if they want to learn deep water nymphing
[signature]
I wouldn't go because I asked her what she was using once and she told me she wouldn't tell me. And that was after she asked me what I was using and I told her. I lost a lot of respect for her that day.
[signature]
[quote OldTroller]I wouldn't go because I asked her what she was using once and she told me she wouldn't tell me. And that was after she asked me what I was using and I told her. I lost a lot of respect for her that day.[/quote]

Key word, "once" there were many times I did tell you and they ended up in your book, but it is entirely your choice, my friend. I understand.
[signature]
So what kind of royalties on book sales did he offer for you for all your advice he put in the book? Looks like it's selling for 7-9 bucks a pop
http://www.amazon.com/Success-On-Stillwa...B00CCTJTE0
Hopefully at least 25 cents a sale or you may have been taken advantage of it sounds like.
I'm not going either but it's because I haven't ever had the desire (thankfully) to tie my own flies and nothing personal.
[signature]
There will be flies but also lines, leaders and more. Something Ol' Trolley already has down anyway.
[signature]
Sounds good, maybe I should stop by one of these times as I've focused a little more on stillwater the last couple years even if rivers will always be my first choice. Looking at my schedule my son has a track meet down in Saint George those 2 days so I'll be down there. Maybe next time.
[signature]
[quote riverdog]So what kind of royalties on book sales did he offer for you for all your advice he put in the book? Looks like it's selling for 7-9 bucks a pop
http://www.amazon.com/Success-On-Stillwa...B00CCTJTE0
Hopefully at least 25 cents a sale or you may have been taken advantage of it sounds like.
I'm not going either but it's because I haven't ever had the desire (thankfully) to tie my own flies and nothing personal.[/quote]
I heard that a check for 75 cents has been in the mail for a while......
and as far as respect goes Raddon, who gave you a Gartside soft hackle at Mantua years ago when you couldn't catch a thing and it saved your day? And a year later you're posting about your new soft hackle fly with no mention of where, when or who you got it from, and who gave you aPurple showgirl another time. How many times have you MOOCHED off Joni throughout the years, gone to fly demos and pocketed the flies. Respect? Give me a break. You haven't a clue as to the meaning of the word.
[signature]
Whatever!
[signature]
[quote OldTroller]I wouldn't go because I asked her what she was using once and she told me she wouldn't tell me. And that was after she asked me what I was using and I told her. I lost a lot of respect for her that day.[/quote]

I thought this was Tongue in cheek and smirked a little when I read it. Then I realized it wasn't...

Dude.

WTF?
[signature]
I thought the same thing at first. And then after learning he was also putting info from FG into a book to sell WTF x2. Talk about coming on the board to post petty crap.
TBD, since this is your first year down in St. G. don't forget to start breaking out the sunscreen about this time of year or you might get sunburnt out on the water. Supposed to snow or something up in these sub Arctic zones.
[signature]
I fished Sandhollow on Tuesday for about eight hours. I got fried big time. Once I realized I was getting burnt and put the sunblock on, it was too late. Nice burn line on my legs, and an awesome bright red triangle on my chest. (Wore a collared shirt with a Celestial Smile underneath... Ouch!)
[signature]
oh snap again son!!!
[signature]
Luv the Fly Tying Expo there's always something new to learn and find out what new materials people are using.. I'll be there unless life gets in the way but I got it schedule on my calendar.
[signature]