Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any 2 weight Sinking Lines?
Does anybody know if any fly line company's manufacture 2 weight sinking or sink tip fly lines? Or if anybody makes them custom?
[signature]
PM Riverdog. I have bought sinking line for a 3 wt before and have used them on my 2 wt.
Mostly I just make sinking leaders (which I can make up to 14'),
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Mostly I just make sinking leaders (which I can make up to 14'),[/quote]

if it were me i would go this route as well, its a 2 wt, not like your water hauling 65 feet of line on a 2 wt
[signature]
I was looking for the same thing last summer and couldn't find any. Someone on BFT found a seller of 2 wt sinking lines on ebay that I missed in my search. I did get it and it works fine (probable about an intermediate rate of sinking) but the seller doesn't appear to have any 2 wt sinking lines listed currently
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hootenwitch_66/m...ipg=&_from=
Otherwise I use a 3 wt sinking line for my 2 wt rod.
[signature]
Okay so a 3 weight will work. Who makes good 3 weight sinking lines and what sinking rate would be best for Uinta lakes? I'm think a 3???
[signature]
I was going to say a 2 but a 3 would be pretty all around, problem is, they make slow sinking for the smaller rods. I did find this where Orvis makes an Intermediate for a 2 wt..
http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=94hg

Rio has a Deep 3 in a 3/4 weight
[signature]
It's still thin pickings at 3 wt. Wulff has a triangle taper intermediate in 3 wt as well as what FG mentioned. But if you fish some of those 50 ft deep lakes in the Uintas go with the faster sinking lines. The kinking issues with some of Orvis sinking lines that come in lower wts actually doesn't seem to be as bad with the lowest wt lines compared to heavier lines. Still it's all a bit of compromise compared to heavier lines where there are so many choices.
I wish summer would hurry up and get here as I'm now in the mood to fish a lonely Uinta lake with the dogs.
[signature]
With 2wts being more and more popular and Orvis introducing some, I am hoping the slim pickings will change.
The heavier weight line will be a smaller diameter though. My Type VII although a 6 wt is super thin diameter.
If you are more into just trolling over cast and strip on stillwater, then go with the lightest weight Heavy Type you can get. I use my VII on my four weight because I am just dropping it straight down then stripping in.
[signature]