Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yfz45011, rock island, bass, 2/16/14, gf
So after taking a ride yesterday on some back roads around the rock island area and seeing the water and what the forecastwas today i couldnt resist to urge to go float around a while. Finally got put in around 830 and started out flipping on the right side bank goin up river then tried the mouth of Rocky where we got on some big spots last winter but failed to get a bite at either place. So then headed the hwy 70 bridge to fish the spring where she finally hooked up with what i thought was a good fish but i often forget how she is the master at making any sized fish look like she's got a pig on lol. Ended up being about a 12in lg mouth. Tried fishing the right side of the bridge before calling it a day. So yes i got beat by a girl. Water temp was around 45. And i have to brag on her for unloading/loading boat all by herself. Wanting her to be able to do it herself so she knows she doesn't have to always have me there to take her fishing but she done an awesome job at it with no help from me.