Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A needless tragedy
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Here is a list of most of the warnings listed in the Buddy Heaters Owner’s Manual that most of us use for ice fishing. This tragedy should be a reminder to ALL of us to heed these warnings at all times to insure we all have a safe adventure while pursuing our sport. Condolences and prayers to the family for their loss.[/size][/#800000][/font]

Quote: 1. Combustion by-products produced when using this product contain carbon monoxide, a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects (or other reproductive harm).

2. This heater can only be used in a recreational or commercial enclosure with a window or roof vent. It may also be used outdoors.

3. This heater requires a vent area of 12 square inches (example 3” x 4” opening) minimum for adequate ventilation during operation. Do not use other fuel burning appliances inside. When used without adequate combustion and ventilation air, this heater may give off excessive CARBON MONOXIDE, an odorless, poisonous gas.

4. Asphyxiation Hazard
• Do not use in unventilated areas.
• The flow of combustion and ventilation air must not be obstructed.
• Proper ventilation air must be provided to support the combustion air requirements of the heater being used.
• Refer to the specification section of the heater’s manual, heater dataplate, or contact the factory to determine combustion air ventilation requirements of the heater.
• Lack of proper ventilation air will lead to improper combustion.
• Improper combustion can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning leading to serious injury or death. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can include headaches, dizziness and difficulty in breathing.

5. DO NOT OPERATE HEATER UNLESS CONTROL KNOB IS LOCKED IN A POSITION MARKED “HI”, “LO” or “PILOT”. NEVER SET CONTROL KNOB BETWEEN LOCKED POSITIONS. POOR COMBUSTION AND HIGHER LEVELS OF CARBON MONOXIDE MAY RESULT.
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."