Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge guides, any one used one?
Was wanting to take my dad fishing for lakers and was wondering which guide services to go with.Has anyone ever used one of them, and how was the experience?
[signature]
A few years back me and two freinds went fishing with tarpon jim he's a great guide lots of information was learned from him and we caught some nice fish would definitely recommend jim to anyone
[signature]
Jim Williams is good You can go with Ashley Bonser he's great and fun to be with great with kids also his phone # is 307-389-8160
[signature]
There are good guides there. I have fished with Ashley Bonser multiple times, and he does a fantastic job and is a great instructor. I have heard good things about Jim, as well as Clark Sabey. For me, I have another date planned this summer with Ash, so there's my vote.
[signature]
All the licensed guides on the Gorge are probably very good. Ashley Bonzer is a friend of mine and I would highly recommend him. He was on KSL last night pulling in Giant Lake through through the ice and he is equally successful in his boat.
[signature]
I'm williams is the man, the myth, the leg... Wait I'm the legend... Anywho he is tarponjim here on BFT, just google "Jim Williams flaming gorge"and you will get massive enjoyment
[signature]
I hate this iPad, google this:

Jim Williams flaming gorge
[signature]
I've been out with Asley Bonser as well and NEVER been treated so well. He is a class act. He has my undying support and would recommend him above all others...Good times
[signature]

They're both great fishermen and guides. I've been out with both of them, they know their stuff. I've only fished laker's with Jim and I've fished everything with Ashley. both of them are great guys.
[signature]
Clark Sabey (at least I think that is how you spell his last name) guides at the Gorge and produces some nice fish.

I had the opprotunity to fish with him at a different lake and had a blast with him. He posts on BFT from time to time.
[signature]
I'm not the type of person to book a guide on a home water. However, I did book a trip with Ashley Bonser a few months ago. The guy knows the lake, knows the people, knows the fish and I learned a lot. We had a great time and I would do it again.
[signature]
I have fished with Captain Jim I have never fished with Ashley but have friends that have and they say hes great too.
[signature]
I fish at least a couple of days every year with Tarpon Jim. Great guide and a great guy! You'll have a great time and he will definitely put you on fish. You'll learn a lot.
[signature]
There's no way you can go wrong with Ashley Bonser. He is an affable cuss if there ever was one and he'll bust his butt to see to it that you have a good time.
[signature]
I have fished with Jim 3 times over the last few years and I'm doing my best to make it out with him again this year! Besides having a great time I have learned more in those accumulative short hours than years and years on my own. I wish all of my investments produced the same rate of returns as I have received with Jim!

Best of luck,

Jake
[signature]