Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracker V16
Purchased a 2003 Tracker V16 last Saturday. Everything looks good except the carpet is a little rough around the storage lids, and there is a six inch diameter hole in the carpet in one spot.

Where is a good place to buy marine grade carpet and glue. Looked on youtube and it doesn't look to hard to do, just time consuming.

Another option would be to have some place do it for me. Any suggestions on a place that will replace the carpet and how much it would cost.

Thanks
[signature]
Hello, anyone out there.

I was told by a couple boat places that Carpet Barn has Marine grade carpet.

I called Carpet Barn and they do have it in 6', 7', and 8' widths, in several colors. Not sure of the quality, but the cost runs from 6.99 to 7.99 per sq. yard.
[signature]
The last time I got carpet or vinal for my boats floor, I got it from Cabelas. I did not know Carpet Barn had marine carpet.
By the way, nice boat, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?
[signature]
Nice lookin boat.[cool]
[signature]
Wiperhunter2,
I have been watching KSL for a couple years and decided this was the year I would get a used boat. I noticed that every time a nice clean looking one came up that seemed like a decent price it didn't last long, and the seller usually got what they were asking. I actualy made appointments to see a couple boats that would fit my needs, but by the time I got off work they had been sold.

So when I saw this boat on KSL during my lunch break it had only been posted for about 8 minutes. I called the number to find out it was a boat dealership, and I had to wait for the guy to get off the phone with some one else that was calling about it. I left work and was there in about 20 minutes.

Anyway to answer your question, I paid 6900 for it before tax and license. It seemed like a fair price to me seeing how it was just what I was looking for. Really the only down side was the carpet and it isn't even that bad. They checked the hour on the motor for me, and it showed 70 hours total. All I can think is that the previous owner must have used the electric motor a lot of the time.
[signature]
Yea, that was the same problem I ran into when I was looking for a boat last year. Some of these boats were sold before the new owner even saw them in person. They would just call the owner and tell them they wanted the boat after seeing just pics of the boat. It ended up taking me 3 years to find the boat I was looking for. Good used boats sell fast.
[signature]
Have you looked into replacing the carpet with hydroturf? I have it in my boat and love it.
[signature]
go look at home depot. I carpeted my old boat with a marin grade carpet from there and used a spray glue.
[signature]
FNA & utwalleye,
Thanks for the info, I will check those out.
[signature]
You are going to have a lot of fun in that boat, well done!
[signature]
FNA,

Is there some place locally that sells Hydroturf, so I could look at it?
[signature]
Chuck at widow maker boats is a dealer. 801-725-6507
[signature]
Nice boat. I have a 2003 Tracker bass boat I bought new. What caused that carpet to tear up? I've abused the heck out of mine and it has of worn like that. Keep an eye on the trailer. They did it invest well in them. It appears the previous owner purchased some better ply tires. The Tracker tires are crap. I beefed up the crank on my trailer. The stock one teeth wore down. If you ever need lights Harbor a Freight has LEDs. The originals are sealed so the entire assembly has to be replaced. Also keep spare running boards available. Two issues I discovered were the manufacturer did not use treated wood and the attachments are heavy duty screws, not bolts. When I replaced mine I countersunk the bolts. You can buy the marine carpeting for the runners as well as tour boat at Home Depot. I used black on my runners because that was the only carpet they had. If I have one regret and that would have been to buy the 60hp vs the 40hp. The 40 will get you there but on big lakes like Powell or the Gorge it takes forever. They are fun boats. I've had mine on the Gulf of Mexico and on lakes as shallow as 1.5 ft . I once parked it outside a slip house on Toledo Bend. It rained hard that evening and the runoff from the slip house ran into my boat. It was filled to the brim and did not sink. Turned the bilge on and was fishing in a couple of hours.
[signature]
Itchn,
Thanks for the information and recommendations. I'm not sure what caused the carpet in that one corner to be so bad, it's buy the battery compartment, maybe battery acid.
[signature]
That had to be it. As I mentioned my carpet (same as yours) has been through the ringer and it is worn but not to the point of having holes.
[signature]
call
Fredsmarine.com
address is 1215 W Hillfield Rd, Layton UT 84041
801-593-8345

[url "http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/gallery.cfm?boat=3588"]http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/gallery.cfm?boat=3588[/url]
[signature]