Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
float tube fish finders
So I have been thinking about trying one of the float tube fanatics set-up on my tube. Have any of you tried them or how do you like your finder set-up?
[signature]
Seen an add in a Cabela magazine that has a ff that you use your smart phone as the display and uses Bluetooth to connect to the sensor. Looks like it would work great for a tube.

I use my boat/ice ff in my toon, built a mount that hooks to frame fast and easy and works great, I love it. Good luck setting yours up. J
[signature]
I use a himminbird 565 on my toon. My wife and son use fishin bluddies.
[signature]
Those are just mounts, right? You need your own FF.
I made my own mount that can go on any tube or toon. Because some of my pontoons are frameless and have oars, I had to make a mount that wraps around the toon.
Minus the FF, but including the small 12volt battery (Security systems) I am into mine maybe $50.
I do use RAM mounts which are expensive but so universal. Then I went to Kirkhams and bought some 2" wide Nylon strap, Two adjusters and Two quick clips.
I then bought a flexible cutting board and mounted the RAM ball mount to the cutting board using carriage bolts. A 16" piece of PVC, a 5" bolt, and a wing nut so I can tighten the transducer by hand.
[Image: 037_zps8752d13d.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0750_zpsb5855805.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0748_zps95df0cfd.jpg]
[Image: 034_zps03195bc5.jpg]
[signature]
Love the set up FG!
[signature]
I use a Fishin Buddy with one of those simple mounts that you just slide the finder through. It has worked great for me for the past 10 years or so.
[signature]