Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Licensing!
Dang, has it been that long! Just got the renewal for our 2 Outlaw X5 pontoons licensing. 2009! Doesn't feel like we have had these that long.
Anyway, $37.75 to license your toon/tube this year

Just three more boats to license next month[:p]
[signature]
Don't forget it's only required on the toons, tubes and boats you intend to mount a motor on.
[signature]
Yes, only those with a motor. And unfortunately, non transferrable, so I license all three of my pontoons AND an Aluminum boat....Yikes!
[signature]
Here is an interesting site.

http://dmv.utah.gov/vehicles-by-type/lig...iform-fees
[signature]
Must not work for pontoons as mine has been $37. and small change since I licensed it back in 2009. According to that chart, should be $45 right now.
[signature]
All mine come due in June, July, and August. And as a reminder I gotta get my snail paper done too.
[signature]
Methinks you were ripped off. This says it's $10 per boat <15 feet to me. What am I missing?

According to the 2014 Fee schedule:

Vessels less than 15 feet in length Uniform Statewide Age-based Fee
[center]$10 regardless of age[/center]

Canoe, Jon Boat or Utility Boat Uniform Statewide Age-based Fee
[center]$10 regardless of vessel's age or length[/center]

Collapsible Inflatable Vessel, Pontoon or Sailboat, regardless of age Length of VesselUniform Statewide
Age-based Fee 15 feet or more in length but less than 19 feet in length
[center]$15[/center]
[signature]
Maybe. My Aluminum boat is 14' and it too is $37. Let me know what you all come up with.
[signature]
Are your figures from the mailers they send out?

If so, I'm guessing they are just a reflection of last year and do not have the changes.

I'm going to the DMV tomorrow to register my three inflatables.

I'm taking $30 with me to pay for them all Smile
[signature]
Look forward to your report. I haven't sent money yet.
[signature]
You might want to take a little more $ with you. I just got off the phone. The $10.00 is a general assessment. $27.75 is a GENERAL licensing....total $37.75.

Let us know.
[signature]
Yeah, I took the magic piece of plastic with me just in case.

And with it still being that high, I just registered the two and will keep the paddle boat a paddle boat.

At some point this year I am going to consolidate my tube and toon into one personal fishing craft.
[signature]
Yea, it's funny. They raise prices thinking more income, but then people decide they can do without, and they end up looking for somewhere else to get the money.
We care consolidating as well. We will only get the Invasive Species sticker from Idaho for two boats, which makes sense as there are two of us and we can each only use one boat at a time... crazy.
[signature]
Thanks for clearing this up. I just pay what they send me, but the web site is confusing and it looked like $10 for smaller pontoons.
[signature]
There's just something about regulation and taxation of personal inflatable craft that pisses me off.
[signature]
I agree. Licensing a Pontoon or float tube with a motor sucks for sure, but it is what it is.
What really pisses me off is people that KNOW the law and try to be sneaky to by pass it. On another forum there is a lot of talk of putting a prop on a long pipe and attaching it to a cordless drill. In fact they manufacture these props. All so they can motor without following the law.
Sorry, it's stunts like this that ruin it for everyone somewhere down the road.
[signature]
Yeah, being pissed off is better than pissed on.
I'd pay it, of course.
I'd complain, which would do little good.
The logic being it's better to pay $40 than get fined for hundreds, have your gear confiscated, be arrested, etc., should one be caught in violation. It's the same logic all good and reasonable subjects employ.

To paraphrase the current joke: "if you can be arrested for fishing without a license - Or using a personal inflatable without registering same - your country is being run by idiots."

But I'd pay it.
[signature]