Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing License Time
Don't forget guys - Feb 28th was the last day of our fishing "season". That means fishing licenses are expired, and it's time to renew.

Game Wardens do a TON of license checking this month, so don't think that you can get away with a trip without getting stopped.

It's also a good time to clean up and re-spool those reels, organize your tackle and double check all of your safety gear on your boat.

Here's a good checklist to consider:

*New fishing license
*Clean and lube reels
*New line on all reels
*Re-organize tackle boxes
*Change old hooks on hard baits
*Check your PFD's - replace if needed
*Have your fire extinguisher charged if needed
*Check deck lines/anchor lines for fraying and wear
*Change the oil in your outboard - lower unit too.
*New spark plugs
*Grease wheel bearings on boat trailer
*Check drain plug for wet/dry rot
*Test nav and anchor lights

The new season is upon us- be ready for it!
[signature]
Great reminder man. Thanks
[signature]
only wish i could manage a checklist like that. One day ill have a boat ONE DAAYYYYY.

oddly enough sunset was empty mar 1 wonder if it was cause they were worried there would be tickets? Although i havent seen a ranger/cop yet.
[signature]
[font "Verdana"][size 2]New season? [/size][/font]
[font "Verdana"][size 2]You make is sound like we stop fishing during the winter.[/size][/font]
[font "Verdana"][size 2]
[/size][/font]
[font "Verdana"][size 2]We check off almost all those items on your list every month if not more.[/size][/font]

[font "Verdana"][size 2]*Clean and lube reels [/size][/font]
[font "Verdana"][size 2](every trip)[/size][/font]
[font "Verdana"][size 2]
*New line on all reels [/size][/font]
[font "Verdana"][size 2](every other trip unless there's a tournament)[/size][/font]
[font "Verdana"][size 2]
*Re-organize tackle boxes [/size][/font]
[font "Verdana"][size 2](O.C.D. almost daily)[/size][/font]
[font "Verdana"][size 2]
*Change old hooks on hard baits [/size][/font]
[font "Verdana"][size 2](what's a hard bait, is that when the shad dry out on the hook)[/size][/font]
[font "Verdana"][size 2]
*Check deck lines/anchor lines for fraying and wear[/size][/font]
[font "Verdana"][size 2](every trip) [/size][/font]
[font "Verdana"][size 2]
*Test nav and anchor lights[/size][/font]
[font "Verdana"][size 2](every trip)[/size][/font]

[font "Verdana"][size 2]Good list Whizzle, also check the batteries. Most only last 2-3 years,[/size][/font]
[font "Verdana"][size 2]

[/size][/font]
[signature]
You can buy an Arizona non resident license $55....and be legal to fish the Colorado chain ( Mead and Mojave) from a boat. Then also legal to fish Havasu and down the Colorado River to the Mexican border.

Did my check list as we fish all fall and winter. In fact winter is about my most favorite time
[signature]
Does the Colorado river stamp cover Lake Havasu for a Nevada resident ? Does it cover me thru the entire Colorado ? Powell ?
[signature]
No, you;ll need an AZ license for Havasu, and a Utah license for Powell
[signature]
Thanks , kinda thought Utah was a no , but was hoping i was covered at Havasu.
[signature]
[quote TheWhizzle]No, you;ll need an AZ license for Havasu, and a Utah license for Powell[/quote]

I have yet to venture down there but if I remember right looking into this last year or so I thought you also had to have the California stamp. Kind of like us here having a NV license and then the special use stamp to be able to fish/boat Mead and the river.
[signature]
Quote:[/url][font "Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size 2]Licensing & Regulations[/size][/font]
[font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size 2]All anglers age 16 and up require a fishing license from either California or Arizona. Since Lake Havasu forms the border between the two states, you will also need a special use stamp from the other state affixed to your license. Fishing licenses and the necessary stamps are available at any of the marinas listed above, as well as at tackle shops and sporting goods stores in Lake Havasu City.[/size][/font]

Dated info?

I found the info above on one search then on another it just said one needs a license from whichever side they launch from. Confusing.

I believe I read a ways back that AZ re-did their entire licensing program to make it more streamlined so maybe one doesn't need a "stamp" anymore?
[signature]
Yep, this year AZ revamped their fishing license structure. No more AZ river stamps! $55 gets you an non resident AZ fishing license and you can fish the Colorado drainage from the Nevada side, the CA side...doesn't matter. Plus you can specify the start date and buy online.

Besides Mead.....For instance you could fish Havasu or Senator Wash (which doesn't drain into the Colorado) on the CA side down by Yuma with a non resident AZ fishing license. It has been checked and verified 2014 on the Yuma Bass Man site for all the snowbirds

So I thought if you mainly bass fish...this is a great deal...Instead of $35 for NV, and a separate CA or AZ license to fish Havasu, Topock or Blythe...you get the lot in one purchase.

I don't now if Utah is part of the river stamp agreement. The AZ part of Powell is very small. Perhaps someone can find out?
[signature]
I need a stamp when I was at Havasu in July, but I haven't been this year, so I can't chime in on the new set-up.
[signature]