Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I really HATE the ice
This morning, walking on the side walks by my school, I slipped on a nice big ice in the shape of a tire track. Well, after the doctor's office, I've had a cast on over my left fore arm. Stupid Custodian![mad] Why couldn't he just shovel insted of bringing the 4 wheeler to school to plow? Dosen't make sense to me! Now I'm stuck at home, with no fishing, hunting, or sports for 8 weeks. I swear, if that reject EVER brings that bike to school again, I'll pop his tires. Hope you guys catch lots of fish for me!!![Smile]
[signature]
Sorry to hear the bad news. A couple of years ago I took one step on a parking lot and hit the ground hard I broke my thumb. I know how you feel. Learn to fish with the other hand.
[signature]
Man that sucks. Hope you heal quickly.
[signature]
Maybe you could get the custodian to feel bad and take you out ICE fishin on his 4 wheeler. LOL.... I'm sorry to hear you were injured and I'm sure the custodian feels really bad!!! These things just happen, I know! I broke many bones in my younger years due to accidents, albeit most of the time due to stupidity ( jumping motorcycles and other things that aren't supposed to fly). Try to make the best of it, and by all means stay of the ice![Wink]
[signature]
I feel for you, the guys that plow our parking area, did a crappy job and I slipped on the ice yesterday morning now my shoulder and back are all out of whack, I'll just have to suffer through the pain for a while til I feel better.

Getting hurt because of someone else is never fun. Get to feeling better soon.
[signature]
Just slap him with a hefty law suit then when you get back in shape you can afford to buy your own 4-wheeler. Serioulsy though hope you have a speedy recovery.
[signature]
Please do not hate the ice... for it is your best friend, and the ice enables you to go fish without a boat anywhere you want. Ice is your best friend in the summertime indeed, it keeps us all cool.

By the way, do not drill that icy patch on the sidewalk, there's no fish there..., oops, too late, there goes your power auger on the concrete...
[signature]
[size 2]I would sue the school, take that money and get a customized fishing trip for handicaped people![crazy][sly][/size]
[signature]
Whats your problem? I talked to that jerk today and he said he forgot to put the salt out, and that his tracks would ice over. He must have been a brain surgeon! Man, even kindergarden kids know to put salt where ice will form. At 6AM it really isn't all that light, and with no lights in the campus it makes that much more dificult. I'm after his job, not money. I talked to my principal today, and he begged me not to sue. So I won't, as a favor to him. One really good thing-I get an increase in my lower grades.[Smile]
[signature]
JK15, mellow out! I know it hurts, but have you ever forgotten anything? There is a lot of responsibility with getting a school ready for the kids after a snow. I sure he didn't do just to inconvience you. It was a mistake, we all make them.
[signature]
I know, I know. Its just that he robbed me of an opportunity to take my gal fishing this weekend. I was going to take her up to Scofield or out to Brough Res. for some good old trout fishing. Now, I get an extended stay in bed. It just dosn't seem fair.
[signature]
Maybe now she can help out with some TLC at home. Hope you get better soon, the weeks will go by fast! I know I had a broken leg about 4 years ago, three months without weight on it was a major set-back, but I survived
[signature]
[size 2]I guess Mooe didn't catch I was kidding...Duh[crazy] Moo must wear golf cleats not to slip on ice![sly][/size]
[signature]
That what you get when a "guest like that" puts up a crappy post
[signature]
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident. I know it sucks to be kept home from a fishing trip. However, you said you had plans with your gal to go fishing and now you have an extended stay in bed. You can still invite her to join ya, can't you?[Wink] When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. I truly hope your arm heals up fast. Maybe meet you at Scofield sometime and make up for the lost fishing trip. Take Care and a speedy recovery...
[signature]
Oh boy, if only![Wink] The only problem is that her dad is like a REALLY staunch mormon, and told me the first time I met him to "keep it in or it comes off". No crap. Plus, my mom won't allow us to be alone in any room for more than 10 minutes. So, I have an even remoter chance of that than fishing this weekend.
[signature]
Hmmm, have people forgotten that we live in UT. It snows here, it gets cold here, and ice forms here. I am always careful were ever I walk in the winter. Anyways, what were you doing walking right on his tracks, if you walk on the tracks that's the only place the train can hit you. Why are you letting a bum arm keep you from fishing, your other one works doesn't it.

Also to the moderators, when I first can on here I did a little name calling and got ripped a new one. Why is the Kid getting away with bad mouthing and calling that janitor names? Was it because I was new, and he has been around for awhile?

I hate the ice too...it gets stuck in my guides!
[signature]
I'm with FFM. I was obviously joking earlier about suing as well. Obviously here screwed up. Perhaps the janitor should be reprimanded, but don't make him lose his job right before Christmas. He probably needs the money badly just as the rest of us do especially this time of year. I'd hate to lose my job because I screwed up right before Christmas. What would he tell his kids? Sorry no Christmas this year cause Daddy's a moron and he forgot to ice the sidewalk?

He definitely screwed up hopefully this will remind him never to forget again and he'll take the danger seriously. Mercy is what's Christmas is all about let's show some now.
[signature]
I think we all should just step back and take a deep breath ......ok that's better. Now nobody's upset, cool.

Maybe there's another BFTer that can help get TJK15 out fishing and help him catch a few fish even with his broken arm.
[signature]
Why do I get the feeling this is gonna get locked down by the moderater because of somebody who really has a vendetta against ice?[laugh]
[signature]