Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Spring Steelhead
Deadwater finally broke lose, even though it was a week behind the average for the last couple decades.

Please let us know what you're seeing as far as River conditions go, and also "catching activity"......
[signature]
What am I seeing? I'm seeing a wild look in my eye and my hands shaking. I'm seeing feathers stuck in my carpet from tying flies and jigs... Sounds like the water should be clear and the fish should be all through the system by spring break !

http://youtu.be/arZdeg_fL-I
[signature]
Its muddy right now most of the river its going to be a week to ten days then it will be on
[signature]
I've really got it bad. I stayed up to all hours tying stuff that I hoped might someday get in the water with a steelhead. Not real imaginative, but some might work.

[Image: image-2.jpg]
[signature]
purple has been my best friend during cloudy days this month nijimasu...... Hope to hear how you do when you get to chase the mighty steelhead.
[signature]
Can't wait to try for some!
[signature]
My dad was in the challis area fishing the last few days. Didn't touch a fish. I think the challis area has a week to go before the fish make a good push into the upper river. Looking to make my first trip next week... CANT WAIT
[signature]
Hi everyone, I have been absent for a long time. It has been over 6 months since I have wet a line until this week. I spent Tuesday night through Thursday fishing about 1/2 mile down the canyon from dutch oven. Tuesday the water was high and muddy and by Thursday it had dropped quickly about to normal levels and was clearing. I managed to hook 2 fish and land one.
The only place that I heard of real consistent catch rates was dutch oven. But it seemed to be pretty crowded already. I never ventured over to dutch oven to give it a try. I was happy catching a fish and I fished the same hole for 2 days and never had to share the hole except with my six year old boy. It was his 1st of hopefully many trips out to Salmon. We had a great time together.
Good luck to anybody headed out there this weekend. I think the conditions should be pretty good down river from Shoup.
Oh ya, I almost forgot. If you want a killer pizza for dinner, stop in at the Shoup store. The new owner makes an awesome pepperoni pizza I highly recommend.
I think the highlight of my boys trip was pepperoni pizza and a chocolate milk shake for dinner!
[signature]
Hello? Anybody home? Let's hear some reports.
[signature]
My dad and I fished the challis area from Saturday to Tuesday. The fish are arriving in pretty good numbers. We ended up catching 12 fish, and hooked a number of others. Seemed like most boats we saw were catching a couple fish day. Our best day was Saturday when we caught 6. Sunday and Tuesday was a battle with wind, but other than that the weather was almost too good to be true.
Small corkies with yarn was all we used. Best of luck to everyone out there.
[signature]
The southfork of the Clearwater is fishing pretty good. 6 yesterday and 8 today. Fish were crammed in between the grades.
[signature]