Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CATFISH CONTEST 2014: Coyotespinner
Just a sample starter post. Please model your title as I demonstrate. Consistency helps the tracking, especially as we have overlapping contests.

I'll put this one out there for Ugliest Cartish!
And who knew we had Blues in Utah

[inline C5b.BlackDawg.jpg]

[inline "SmokedKitties - 400.jpg"]
[signature]
CoyoteSpinner's first entries. The Game is a Foot! Or two...

I swear I measured out at 22 and 26 in person. They say the camera add 10lbs, how about shaving 1/2 inch! Ah well, these are just the horsedouvres.

[inline "Sunset Chunker.jpg"]

Cutler Reservoir 3_19

[#ff0000]21.5 and 25.5 confirmed by WH2[/#ff0000]
Out to Cutler for a bit after work. Got cold, sun got clouded over, but I did get beat up by a pretty lunky carp, and connected with one channel at least.

3/21/14
22 inch channel cat
[inline "CD 22in Channel.jpg"]

26 inch carp
[inline "CS 26inch carp.jpg"]

Ran into Yellowbellyking, followed by Settlehook. Nice to say howdy.

[#000080]TDT note - I see a 22 inch catfish and a 25.5 inch carp in the pictures. Glad to see you get out more on open water than on the ice. Nice fish yote! [Wink][/#000080]
Are you sure that the carp is 26" [crazy]. You should press control and use your scroll on your mouse for a nice close up. [Wink]

Look like a 24.5" or 25" in my eyes.

[#6000BF]Yote Note: FYI FFL - I won't judge my own entries, that will be up to another mod. Did someone make you a judge? Are you even entered in the Cat contest? I'd rather not have the entries cluttered with any more carp than we have to. You are welcome to join, the south could use your help.
I expect to see a 30"+ carp to win it. Been there done that. [/#6000BF]

[inline CJ7.31inchMirror.jpg]
[quote Flyfishinglover]Are you sure that the carp is 26" [crazy]. You should press control and use your scroll on your mouse for a nice close up. [Wink]

Look like a 24.5" or 25" in my eyes.[/quote]

Look at da lips on that beauty they pucker to 26
[signature]
Yeah it's a side contest for the carp but your going for a big stretch adding an inch to your fish. The lips clearly "PUCKER" at 25.5" and the tail starts at .5. I'm in the contest so I will call anything out that I don't think is right since I enter my fish to the low end of the tape.
[signature]
I don't score my own entries. Someone else will judge my entries. My first two cats measured 22 and 26 in person, but parallax didn't show it in the pix, so I docked my claims 1/2 inch each.

That damned carp was determined to NOT sit still, even though I took about 3 shots. Only had my phone, and prefer my real camera for good pix. Had I got a good tail pinch, there wouldn't be a question. But I think everybody tries to squeeze as much as they can out of their entries. I try to give folks the benefit of the doubt, and I'll take carp for nipping a measure, but I've also upped entries when I see more.
Whiskers don't count.

And I don't mind docking this carp, because I fully expect to find bigger. With bowhunting allowed too, could get interesting.

In general I would prefer challenges to entries be handled privately, causes less friction. Look at last year's fly contest if you want to see what I'm talking about. FFL and TBD had quite a go of it.
[#0000bf]I am not an official judge in this contest but I have judged 2 other contests here on BFT. [/#0000bf]
[#0000bf][/#0000bf]
[#0000bf]In my opinion the carp is 25.5 inches long.[/#0000bf]
[#0000bf][/#0000bf]
[#0000bf]Contestants need to PM the judges when they think an entry is incorrect. Blasting the entry on the open forum is not the way to go about it. [/#0000bf]
[#0000bf][/#0000bf]
[#0000bf]CYS if you want me as a judge for your fish in this contest and a "back-up judge" for when there is some contraversy just say the word and I will do so.[/#0000bf]
[signature]
I wish I could enter I have 5 over 30" now. Ron
[signature]
Carp or Cats? [:p]
You'd probably count as "north" too wouldn'tcha?[Smile]

Ron, that's why we don't have a Utah/Idaho contest rolling. You guys and your live bait. Can you use bluegill? I hear Cats like 'em pretty good. Carp too.

If you care to share your happy kitty waters, I'd welcome a PM. Fished around Preston some, but those lakes seem Panfish/Trout dominated.
Those are cats only[Tongue]. We can't use live bait but we can use trout for cut bait. Trout makes awesome cut bait. My Kitty water is Brownlee the cat capital of Idaho.

[Image: 3-16-14-A_zps767a9e90.jpg]

[Image: 3-15-14-B_zps498c8e91.jpg]

[Image: 3-16-14-F_zps8545b22b.jpg]
[signature]
Cutler 5/18/14
[inline "Yotes 2 footer.jpg"]

24" two footer. Fought like a 30!

[#0000bf]24 inches have been added to your total. -TDT[/#0000bf]
Aaaa... might be good to have TDT as a backup scorer. I see Yote cut 3 inches off my last entry in the standings....

Now I would like to think this was a simple typo... but me being south and him being north..... well, aaa... We need a backup/checkup judge. [Wink]

BLK

[#005000]Yote Note: I had it right on your entry, and correct on my official OFFLINE scoreboard. Seen the error in my ways now, and it's been corrected. Now quit yer bitchin' and go catch a bigger one! [:p][/#005000]
Let me show you what I'm talking about...
Cutler May 25th 25" Channel aka Freight Train Kitty!
(the train was passing by, tooting it's horn while I fought this beast! She had friends too.)

[#0000bf]25 inches have been added to you total. -TyeDyeTwins[/#0000bf][inline "25 on the 25th.jpg"]
Hit the mark. First 30 incher for this 'ol man! Now for a three-pete, or more.

Cutler Marsh 6/1/14. 30inch channel cat.

Good start to a new month. At 9 lbs missed the other mark. Gotta have goals.

[inline "Yote Hits the Mark 30incher - 400.jpg"]

[#0000bf]30 inches have been added to your total. -TDT[/#0000bf][inline "The Spinner goes 30 - 400.jpg"]
Cutler 6/15 - Pappa's Day outing. All you can eat Shrimp Buffet! Load up your plates!

[center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=887009"]FULL REPORT[/url]
[/center]
[#0000bf]26 inches have been added to your total.[/#0000bf]

26 inch Channel beast. I mean - Cat...
[inline "Pappas Prize.jpg"]

[inline "Fine Night to be Out.jpg"]