Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
locations in profiles
I was just wondering if anybody but me looks at the locations given under people's names in their profiles? Just a thought for those that haven't put a location in their profiles it would be nice to see where everyone is from when their name comes up. It's not hard to edit your profile and put a location, even if it's just a city.

Maybe it's just me but I would be curious to see who else looks at other people's locations in their profiles. Throw out some opinions so I can see if I am just being stupid on this.
[signature]
It is rather nice to see where everyone's from. It helps to know who's in your neighborhood.
[signature]
You bet I look at the location on the profiles especially when there is a newbie coming on board
[signature]
I rarely look at the locations, but I think I have mine set. I live in Orem.
[signature]
Shrimp boy, nope. Theres no way to change that. Many a user has had that same request, but unfortunatley the way the site runs, everything keys off your username. Your private messages, your fish icon, your prefrences. If you really want to change, I recomend deleting your BFT cookies so your computer doesnt get Confused and sign you in as shripboy at a future date, then re-register. Yes you will be starting over with the fish icons, and you may want to make a simple post letting everyone know you are now going by this new username and not shrimpboy.

But if you really like the fish icon thing, maybee you will want to keep the name.
[signature]
I always look at the location to find out if the person posting is from the same area that I'm from. You just never know when you'll need someone to go fishing with. WH2
[signature]
Thanks for all the info. I am glad to know I'm not the only one that likes to see where everyone else is posting from.
[signature]