Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
awesome catch at utah lake
I decieded to hit the lake today since that I didn't have school. I got down there about 9:30. I started throwing some jigs out near the boat ramp but no luck. Nexted I used used some bait, but only got a small, but healthy looking, white bass. I decieded to hit the ramp again, so I casted out my jig and right as it hit the water something big swallowed my lure. But I managed to reel in 26.5 in, 5lb northern pike. And tomarrow he's going make my tummy very happySmile
[signature]
Great catch! Im hoping this year I can catch one off those things.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Nice work. Sounds like the scour hole produced. There have been several northerns come out of that little harbor the last two years.

Just think how many June suckers you may have saved.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000ff]

Just think how many June suckers you may have saved. [:p]
[/#0000ff][/quote]
[signature]
Congratulations. That's a very nice fish. There has been some dialogue on this forum regarding the pike showing up in Utah lake. In spite of the implications on the June Sucker program, I am delighted to see them. With the changes in the lake environment with the carp removal they will find a niche. Nice work! It makes me Smile for you and the pike, but I'm certain that the US Fish and Wildlife aren't as enthusiastic as I am.
[signature]
Heck YEA! That is way cool Kid!. What a nice surprise!
[signature]
Good thang he's going in your tummy no? Catch and kill there on Pike isn't it?

Save the suckers!
Yes! Very cool young buck! I remember seeing signs -proclamation- that pike were in UT lake for as long as I can remeber but never heard or saw any caught. Until lately it seems like there more abundunt. I wonder how many are in there? Interesting
[signature]
I wonder if the reductions in carp have aided in pike spawning success.
[signature]
We can only hope. And if that's the case... Take all the carp!!!
[signature]
Awesome! I caught one about 6" long last week on the Jordan River. The lake needs an apex predator so this will be a great future for the lake.
[signature]
Very nice. I need to spend some more time on that lake this year.
[signature]
Cool catch. The odd thing is they seem to be showing up mostly where you caught yours. Any thoughts on why?
[signature]
No fee to enter this marina=more fishing hours=more pike caught.
[signature]
Tristan, congrats man!
[signature]
Nice catch!!!
Great job! Nice to have another specie to target this early in the spring out there.
[signature]