Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salmon river/Shoup update?
I know deadwater blew on Wed. so if the river starting to clear up at all, any fish being caught? Heading up this Wednesday.
Give me some promising news please!

Eric
[signature]
It has started to clear. I know some fish were being caught down that way yesterday, but I don't know what the river looks like after it rained most of the night and most of the day today. I am hoping for some good water so I can join in on the combat fishing this weekend.
[signature]
Currently running 2,530 cfs between Panther and Owl Creeks, and still appears to be on the upswing. Highest ever recorded for this day. Previous record was 2,400 some-odd back in 1972.

Not real sure what the fishable level is, but I would suspect around 2,000-2,100. My favorite holes fish best from ~1,400~1,900.
[signature]
I just got home late last night from Panther Creek. Stayed at Bookers, with my daughters family and my wife. Went up on 3/11 water was muddy with about 6" of visibility[frown]. By 3/12 visibility had improved to 16"-18" and we were catching trout, whitefish, and pike minnows, grand kids had a great time[Smile]. Water is dropping and clearing. Fish checker said she did not check any fish tues. or weds. Water had cleared to about to about 3' visibility, water level down at least 10", on Thursday 3/13 and the steelhead were biting[cool]. The fish checker said she had checked fish all the way from Salmon to Corn Creek. The road is in good shape and they are continuing to work on it. The crowds have arrived with the usual big crowd in the Pine Creek narrows. There are fish being caught throughout the system. Weather was perfect from wednesday on. Cool nights in the mid 20s warming to around 50 in the afternoon. Barring any big storms or very warm weather it should be good through the remainder of the season. Spring Creek still had about 4" of snow covering the ground with no campers as did Transfer Bar. Below Shoup is mostly snow free. On Thursday I saw over 50 fish landed and personally came home with 3 fish for the grill. Caught all of mine on beads in orange shades in 8mm and 10mm. Saw others caught on the usual corkie, yarn, bait (shrimp, roe, night crawler, sucker meat) and plastics (helgies, worms, curl tails, etc). If you can go it is time.[fishin]
[signature]
thanks for the report chillout, i think you just made me change my weekend plans
[signature]