Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Report 12/17/03
That's a great question and you are not the first person to ask about site locations. I really don't know of a specific fishing map that lists all the spots, however, the Utah State Park has a flyer that they will give out for free that has a map of Bear Lake that lists most of the spots that I mention. One spot in particular that may not show up on their map and that many people know about is the "pump house" or "Val's pump". It is one and the same. It is located on the east side of the lake about 1/4 mile south of the 1st Point Boat Ramp. The 1st Point ramp is the first concrete ramp that you come to as you are going north on road that runs along the east shore of Bear Lake that begins in Laketown. It has a clearly labled sign. The pump house can also be found by going just north of the last lakeshore home on the south-east side of the lake. The pump house looks like a "Midwestern" ice fishing shack (like the kind in the movie Grumpy Old Men). It is located right along the road and you can easily see it from the lake. I'll see if I can get a copy of the state park map scanned into electronic form as a JPEG and then try to post it to my reports. Since we must shrink down the size of the figure, I'm not sure if you'll be able to see the names of the spots, but I'll give it a try tomorrow.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Bear Lake Report 12/17/03 - by BearLakeFishGuy - 12-17-2003, 09:15 PM
Re: [fish1on] Bear Lake Report 12/17/03 - by BearLakeFishGuy - 12-18-2003, 03:11 AM