Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT Traveling Fly Box
The BFT Traveling fly box is ready to travel!

Rules:
1. The person who has the box is responsible to send the box on to the next user. Mailing information will be sent via PMs.

2. When a fly is eaten by a tree or lost to a fish or beaten to an unusable state it should be replaced. You don't have to replace it with the same fly. Any fly will do. Even if you don't lose a fly you are welcome to add a couple of your favorite patterns for others to enjoy.

3. You should write in the small notebook that accompanies the fly box any advice, witty remarks, travel notes, fish stories, or fly stories that you think of while fishing with the BFT traveling fly box.

4. You should post your experiences with the BFT fly box to this thread with pictures when possible.

5, You should keep the BFT fly box no longer than three weeks so that someone else can use it especially during the warmer months.

6. Warn out flies should be left in the box and not thrown away as each one is a witness to time well spent and a fish story or two.

7. Priority for placement of the BFT fly box will go to regular BFT Idaho posters. 2nd priority will go to BFT friends from other states. You must be a member in good standing to receive the BFT fly box.

[inline "photo 1.JPG"]
[inline "photo 2.JPG"]

[inline "photo 3.JPG"]

[inline "photo 4.JPG"]
[inline "photo 5.JPG"]

The BFT fly box will start with 35 flies. I will start the box off and it will be ready to move on at the beginning of April. Who wants in? You will either receive the box in the order that you post or if you can only get out for a certain time this summer request it and if nobody else has signed up previously we will try to get it to you.

If the moderators could pin this to the top that would be great Smile

Windriver
[signature]
I would be happy to take it in April. I've been fishing Island Park on a regular basis all winter and am ready to get those flies wet.

Bill
[signature]
April 2nd-23rd: Photobill
April 24th-May13th: fish4life123
May 14th-June 3rd: lucabrasi
June 4th-24th : AverysAdventure
June 25-July 15th: Flyfish__88
July 15th-Aug. 5th: ridcbr
Aug. 6th-27th ?
[signature]
Windriver
Thanks for taking this project on.
I look forward to participating.

Bill
[signature]
Wow waht a great idea I would love to be involved any time works for me
[signature]
Cool idea there Windriver, might fine. Beats the traveling pants legs up (I'd say hands down, butt...)

Maybe some traveling waders, of hip-huggers...

I'll look forward to the stories. Good Game!
Please put a gps coordinates on it. Might, make it a little more fun. "Fly caching BTF style". Just saying.

Fly's included. Leave the fish wear you landed it. Back in the water.

Travel fly bug.

Wow

[shocked]

Idaho

Watch what the "fly box comes up with".

BTF Style.
[signature]
This deal really makes me want to make the drive to I.F.

Maybe, The Fly and I can figure it out. I read she is attending. For some Fly show up and around there.

"7. Priority for placement of the BFT fly box will go to regular BFT Idaho posters. 2nd priority will go to BFT friends from other states. You must be a member in good standing to receive the BFT fly box."

Long Live The Kid.

I am just straight up. U of I.

Idaho
[signature]
Late May/early June or anytime after for me. If the ice goes off early like last year then sooner would work fine. I am holding my breath for any early spring but not sure how long I going to have to hold it.
[signature]
Sounds like fun so count Avery and me in on this. We are open to any dates. Avery is all jazzed about putting his new fly gear to the test this summer.
Thanks,
Rod
You can count me in any for anytime. This is such a cool idea. Can't wait to fish and add some flies to the box.
[signature]
I'm in anytime good for me
[signature]
This schedule is not set in stone. If you can't go during the allotted time just ask the next person if they are ready for it.

Windriver
[signature]
The BFT fly box went on an adventure today. I only had a couple of hours in the evening so I ran to one of the small rivers in the area. (Thanks Steelfisher for the suggestion). I brought my two oldest boys as well. My oldest is really getting quite good and has a beautiful cast. He ended up with four rainbows and three white fish. My other son was nymphing for the first time with a new rod he got for his birthday. It didn't take long for him to land a white fish, but then he slipped on a rock and soaked his sweatshirt making for a quick end of a trip for him as he went to the truck to warm up. I ended up landing two white fish losing a couple of decent trout with the rubber legs in the BFT fly box.
[inline "photo 1.JPG"]

[inline "photo 2.JPG"]

[inline "photo 3.JPG"]

[inline "photo 4.JPG"]

So the BFT fly box ( Seems like it needs a name any ideas?) witnessed a great afternoon with the boys. May it see many more great days as it travels through Idaho this summer.

Windriver
[signature]
TFB . Traveling Fly Box . Then it can be called the BFT TFB .
[signature]
I had a couple of hours after work so I picked up my oldest son and off to the Southfork we went. The BFT Fly Box was in tow. Unfortunately it witnessed its current owner getting his rear kicked by his oldest son. He quickly hooked up and landed several whitefish while I was only able to land two on the green variegated rubber legs in from the BFT Fly Box. I had a couple of others on but they became LDR's in the stat box (Long Distance Realease). Towards evening my son was able to hook into a small cutt and a decent bow to finish off a really beautiful and memorable evening.

Windriver
[inline "photo 1.JPG"]
[inline "photo 3.JPG"]

[inline "photo 2.JPG"]
[signature]
Great adventures. Fun to see how big your boy is getting. And what an amazing fisherman.
[signature]
Thanks. You should take the box for an adventure later in the summer.
Windriver
[signature]
The BFT Flybox got out again last night on Southfork for a couple of hours. I tried a new area that I didn't know so I spent a lot of time navigating deep holes. I ended up losing three fish and only landing one. My son lost a couple good fish as well. It was still a great warm evening exploring new territory. I caught the brown on a pheasant tail dropper from a rubberlegs.

Windriver

[inline Brown.JPG]
[signature]
More fun on the run! Were you guys wade fishing?

I thought about taking a turn at the box, but my summer "schedule" is so unpredictable I would hate to tie time with the box up. The last two summers I have been gone more than home, so if this year is similar it would be hard for me to get the box when it comes, or to send it back out if I am high in the mountains somewhere. [crazy] So I best not. Great idea, and it sure is fun seeing the adventures!
[signature]