Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
big manistee river report
[left][font "Verdana"][size 2][/size][/font] [/left] [left][font "Verdana"][size 2]i recived this report from a long time internet pal of mine , in fact he's one of the first fishermen that got me interested in steelhead fishing , although edited i think you'll see why i like this guy . [/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Verdana"][size 2]john's report[/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Verdana"][size 2]It's been about a month since I've last contacted you.
I didn't have much to report on and loading your E-mail
box with junk is something I'm not noted for doing.[/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Verdana"][#0099ff][size 4][Image: ChristmasRibbon.jpg] [/size][/#0099ff][/font][font "Verdana"][#ff0000][size 4]
Manistee River Steelhead Report

[/size][/#ff0000]
[/font] [Image: Bob_Hicks.12.9.03_010.jpg] [Image: Hot_Lures.11.26.03.jpg]
[font "Verdana"][size 1][#000000]Capt. Bob Hicks 12/9/03 [/#000000][#ff0000] "Hot Lures"[/#ff0000] as of lately[/size][/font] [font "Verdana"][size 2]

December Steelheading on the Big Manistee River continues to be pretty sound.
Lots of rain has kept the water in the Big Manistee River flowing at a fair clip
and the fish migrating upstream. This is a complete turn around form last year
when we didn't have hardly any fish available.

Most of my strikes were coming in the slower current, just off the side of faster
water. Cooling water temps mean Steelhead are starting to look for holding water
where they don't have to expend much energy. While the T-4 Flatfish were going
a fair job, I suspect the fish will be looking for a lures with less action, especially
in the coming month of January.
[/size][/font][/left] [left][Image: Capt_Jay.jpg] [Image: Capt_Jay_004.jpg]
[size 2] [/size][font "Verdana"][size 1] Capt. Jay displays his efforts on December Steelhead! [/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Verdana"][size 2]Since my last E-mailer to you, I've sold my riverboat operation to Capt. Jay Frolenko.
It was time for me retire from professional guiding on the big river. I think we all get
"career restless" after about 20 years. My stint as a river-guide lasted for 18 seasons
and it's time to explore new horizons.

Jay has promised to keep the river updates coming and I'll be posting his photos
during the river season. So, we will have fresh fish pictures and a general idea
of what's happening on the Big Manistee River from October thru April.[/size][/font] [/left] [left][font "Verdana"][size 2]Before I sold my riverboat I had been fishing between High Bridge and Pine Creek.
Why?....because it's the closest public launch to my house and that's the only
reason. With plenty of high water to draw the fish upstream this stretch is decent.[/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Verdana"][size 2]I'd like to wish you all joyous holidays and appreciate you being a member
of this E-mail list. Remember, the big lake 2004 season will soon be here,
and I'm more then looking forward to it. [/left] [left][font "Verdana"][size 2]Until Next Time,[/size][/font] [/left] [left][font "Verdana"][size 2]Calm Seas, Bent Rods, Smooth Drags
and Extremely Heavy Fish Boxes,

As Always.............Capt. John King[url "http://rd.bcentral.com/?ID=1365983&s=87774289"]
[/url][url "mailto:kingscharter@yahoo.com"][#0000ff]kingscharter@yahoo.com[/#0000ff][/url] [/size][/font]
[/left][/size][/font]
[signature]