Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
utah lake fishing map
I found some Utah lake fishing maps awhile back, they had descriptions of each area on the lake etc. I think TubeDude made them. Can someone share the link with me? or tell me where to find them?
[signature]
The easiest way to find that info is to go to the search feature above, click on it, you will need to select the correct board, in this case "Utah Fishing general", then type in what you are looking for, in this case I typed in "Utah lake map", if you know who wrote a post or reply post, type their name in, I typed in TubeDude, then hit search.Several pages came up and I started looking for one that said map, after several attempts, I found this.
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Fishing_General_F58/utah_lake_fishing_map_P870854/gforum.cgi?post=705419;search_string=utah%20lake%20map;#705419"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Fishing_General_F58/utah_lake_fishing_map_P870854/gforum.cgi?post=705419;search_string=utah%20lake%20map;#705419[/url]
[signature]
He's got whole writeups, some on specific areas. Which area are you after? It's a big lake.

Here's a couple of them. I will say TD's book on Utah Lake is a worth read. Sure you could PM him and he'll be glad to shoot you a copy. Very reasonable price for the depth of knowledge and experience he shares.
[#0000FF]Here are a couple of things that might help. The first is an adaptation of the online guide put together by DWR. The second is something I crafted. Been a few changes since I made them but basically useable.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks so much! These are what I was looking for.
[signature]
Two more questions, is it possible to fish the "bubble up" from the shore? and is the dike at Lindon harbor a productive place to catch channel cats?

Thanks again for the help.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Glad to help when I can.

There is free parking at the county park down by the bubbleup. There can be some good fishing along that shoreline...WHEN THE WATER LEVELS ARE UP. It is still shallow and cold water right now so prospects are not that great.

Ditto for the dikes around Lindon Harbor. Once the water warms a bit and the fish come in to shore you can do well for all species at different spots along the dikes. Best early fishing is off the north side of the north dike...out on the shallow flats. The water warms faster in there and bullheads and channels come in for the comfort. When the white bass get "jiggy"...in May...there are usually quite a few taken from both points of the channel entrance...and along the outside edges.

There are also some big cats taken each year inside the harbor...usually after dark...again after the water warms a bit. Lots of decent cats taken off the outside (lake side) of the south dike...casting out into the lake. Sometimes the fish are in close. Other times you will have to chuck it out there a ways.

Once the water temps get past 60 and on the way to 65 it will get much better.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks I have never fish Utah lake I would like to try it this year in my boat. most of what I have are for Trout and Kokanee.
[signature]
[#0000FF]The good news is that a lot of the same lures...same sizes and colors...will also work for many of the fish in Utah Lake. The bad news is that you gotta give up the downriggers. Maybe planer boards?

Most of the lake has a pretty flat bottom with few snags. But there are a few spots...like off Lincoln Beach...that have a lot of rocky shelves that love to ding props and eat lures. Ditto for Bird Island.

Once you learn the preferred habitats and habits of the various species you can experiment with your available gear and you should be pleasantly surprised at the results.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
So can you still access the areas around "the knolls" publicly and without breaking the law? As long as you stay on the road? Anyone know, last time I was out there, it stated that it had private property signs right on the edge of the highway as you pull off to get to the lake. Anyone heard anything?
[signature]
[#0000FF]The only legal way to fish the Knolls is to come in by water...boat, tube or toon. Not a bad trip from Saratoga Springs Marina...at Pelican Bay. But a long trip by tube or toon...even with an electric motor. And once you reach the area you may not get out on the bank and fish..legally. But if you come in by boat, and step out and wade fish, it is legal as long as you stay below the water line.

The signs along the highway refer to all property from the highway on. It is not a situation that you are safe if you get behind the signs. And there are additional signs down along the public created dirt roads all along the shoreline. No chance of missing any of those signs and anybody caught offroad is getting a ticket.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]