Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firearm Question
I have a trip planned to hunt in Canada and was wondering what, if any proof you need when you return to the US thru customs that the fire arms are yours? I already have the required forms filled out to take my rifles in to Canada to hunt, but I'm not sure if anything is required to bring them back across the border to the States. Thanks for any help on this.
[signature]
Last fall we took our shotguns through the border quite easily. We filled out the forms you described and signed them in front of the border agents at the crossing. No problems at all! I did bring a .22 mag but since we didn't have a licensed guide lined up they wouldn't let it through and kept it for me for the week. You must have a guide for big game and fur bearers in Canada but not waterfowl.

Once everything was checked out they issued a paper that described my gun that I had to keep on me at all times while in Canada. On our way back through, we presented that, they checked our guns, and we were good to go!
[signature]
Thanks for the info, I knew some of the BFT members hunt geese etc. in Canada and must know what is required. I got in touch with the U.S. border patrol and they told me to down load a registration form, fill it out and have U.S. border patrol verify serial numbers on my rifles when I cross into Canada and they will sign it making it easy to return to the States with no problems. Just trying to get everything in place, we sent off for our passports a week ago.
[signature]