Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternate launch at Mantau?
Does anyone have any ideas/opinions on launching a kayak somewhere other than the boat ramp? Down on the south side of the lake off of the gravel road is where I want to launch but I remember there being some no parking signs. It seems that these are completely disregarded during ice season but what about now?

Any experiences?
[signature]
There is a small watercraft launch on the North East side of the lake.
Here is one of TD's maps to help you find it.
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=86525"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=86525[/url]
[signature]
There's a dock at both the NE and SE end, and parking, bathrooms. Some of the fencing at the NE end I don't think they did ya a favor. Plus - a gravel "beach" would be a nice add - to the side of the dock. But - if you can carry it, you're fine. no charge. I would not park along the south dike outside of ice season, Barney will ticket ($50) - but you could leave your boat, park, walk back, but probably easier - where the inlet comes - a little dirt road to the dock, then a short walk from genuine parking.

Here's the latest TD map, includes the upgrades.
Now if I get this right - they upgraded the dock areas for free launching, then added a fee for boat launching at the ramp. Hmmm.
Now if it would restrain the PowerSquad...

[inline "MANTUA RESERVOIR NEW.jpg"]
Thanks a lot guys!
[signature]
[quote CoyoteSpinner]Here's the latest TD map, includes the upgrades.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]I don't believe that map from 2011 is accurate. Here is an image from Google Earth that clearly shows the new access area on the NE corner of Mantua. I don't believe you can drive to the area TD shows as the launch. There is a locked gate to that shoreline road at the parking lot/restroom area.[/size][size 3] Double click the image to enlarge.[/size][/#800000][/font]

[inline "Mantua NE access.jpg"]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."