Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cornerstone park?
Its the one off Stephanie and 215.Does anyone know if there is actually bass in there?It looks like a pretty good habitat for them with all the cattails and stuff.I am just looking for a place to fish for bass besides sunset(pretty much worthless) and floyd lamb(very little luck).I know its not technically legal but none of the signs say anything so all they can do is tell me to leave.
[signature]
well I know there are catfish in there, I seen a huge school of their babies in the shallows last season. as far as bass? I don't know, but I'm sure someone has dropped in a few over the years, and I'm sure people have dropped their aquarium fish in there in the past also, so u might catch an exotic cichlid or something, never know.[fishon]
[signature]
I contacted henderson parks today about it and this is what i got. Almost sounds like its not prohibited.

if anyone can confirm that there are catfish or other species in the lake then i will respond. I removed his PH # as this is a public forum. if anyone wishes to call PM and ill shoot you his #

My question:
Hi, I know the page said that fishing is not allowed at cornerstone park as the water is not fit for human consumption. Is this something that will change and offer fishing as a Catch and release practice only? There are fish in the lake this would give the opportunity to have a great local location for families to spend a day and be able to fish. There has been alot of talk about wanting to fish the area and your issue of not for consumption is easily mitigated by requiring catch and release only.

I hope you will reconsider this practice as i feel this park has quite a bit of potential to bring revenue to the state through fishing license sales as well as families together to fish where they may not want to make a longer journey to mead or other places.

Response
Mr. Butler, thank you for contacting us about this. We really do not encourage anybody to fish in the lake. While your recommendation for catch and release is a good one, you would still be in contact with the lake water and would most likely attract others to fish in the lake. To my knowledge the only fish in this lake are mosquito fish. Thanks again for contacting me and let me know if you have additional questions. Doug Guild, Parks Superintendent.
[signature]
I know that there was a Youtube video of a guy catching bass there. But I the only sign I have seen personally that there are fish in the lake are the dead fish I sometimes see along the shore. And the dead fish are pretty big.
[signature]
Thanks guys really appreciate all the help!I think I am just going to go down there and try for myself.I will let you guys know how I do.All toss some finesse stuff and see if I can't get a bass.Maybe even throw some catfish bait out.
[signature]
here is a thread from a couple years back ihuntforfish posted [fishon] and it was just last spring when I seen the school of catfish fry.

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ost=827294
[signature]